Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
A friend came over tonight and has a 2011 IS250 wit LED headlamps and had the really bright LED license plate bulbs (factory). Can I just get a set of those bulbs from my Lexus dealer or Sewall Lexus onlline? The bulbs in her IS350 looked super bright and lit up the rear nicelly...unlike my current bulbs I got on Ebay with 4 LED chips on each one. I would like to order a set of these LED bulbs for my license plate area.

·
Registered
239 Posts
Call me stupid, but really, would James Bond want to draw more attention to his license plate or make it easier to see? =]

A friend came over tonight and has a 2011 IS250 wit LED headlamps and had the really bright LED license plate bulbs (factory). Can I just get a set of those bulbs from my Lexus dealer or Sewall Lexus onlline? The bulbs in her IS350 looked super bright and lit up the rear nicelly...unlike my current bulbs I got on Ebay with 4 LED chips on each one. I would like to order a set of these LED bulbs for my license plate area.

·
Registered
410 Posts
LOL... Dozer, that was tooo funny. I guess even Bond wants to be noticed. haha

·
Registered
52 Posts
Bondguy,
The lights that Luxury Mods sell are more than "up to the task". If you e-mail them, perhaps you could buy just the lights for the license plate. I REALLY like mine, and as you mentioned they make the back of the CT really look like the rest of the Lexus line!

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
You really do get what you pay for. The LEDs from Luxury Mods are high quality and if you don't like them, Tony will definitely do what it takes to make sure you get what you want!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
You really do get what you pay for. The LEDs from Luxury Mods are high quality and if you don't like them, Tony will definitely do what it takes to make sure you get what you want!
I emailed back and forth with Tony at LM. He seems like he knows his stuff. They have 2SMD and 3SMD...he says either one should be up to the task of being bright enough. He said some people have actually ordered the 3SMD and returned for the 2SMD because they were too bright. Which is my next question. Did you get the 2 or the 3 and also...I think if I like whiter color rather than bluish, go with the 5K over the 6K...right?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
bondguy - After seeing MattRN's pics of his 3SMD rear lights above his plate, those were way too bright for my liking, so I requested the 2SMD ones. I'm pretty happy with the 2SMD ones, they're white enough and just the right amount of light on the back for my liking.

Regarding 5k over 6k, not sure what you're talking about. Pretty sure LED's don't have color temps. associated with them, 5k and 6k typically refer to HID lights. Tony's LED's are pure white. Good luck!

Reactions: Soprano

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
bondguy - After seeing MattRN's pics of his 3SMD rear lights above his plate, those were way too bright for my liking, so I requested the 2SMD ones. I'm pretty happy with the 2SMD ones, they're white enough and just the right amount of light on the back for my liking.

Regarding 5k over 6k, not sure what you're talking about. Pretty sure LED's don't have color temps. associated with them, 5k and 6k typically refer to HID lights. Tony's LED's are pure white. Good luck!
Haven't seen Matt's bulbs on license plate...can you repost a pic or tell me where I can see it...which post?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I think it's going to look brighter on a white car because it reflects more light than my black car will...did you have the 3 and go to 2 or just based on his picture you ordered the 2SMD?
Good point. I saw his pics & just went with the 2. I also noticed the amount of light overspray on his driveway, just seemed like a lot of light for my liking. Obviously everyone has different taste.

I'm actually not very happy with the luxury mods setup for the interior. The center/rear light and the 2 map lights in the front console are very bright. My wife makes fun of me all the time for it actually and at times, I've turned off my interior light switch to avoid it.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Good point. I saw his pics & just went with the 2. I also noticed the amount of light overspray on his driveway, just seemed like a lot of light for my liking. Obviously everyone has different taste.

I'm actually not very happy with the luxury mods setup for the interior. The center/rear light and the 2 map lights in the front console are very bright. My wife makes fun of me all the time for it actually and at times, I've turned off my interior light switch to avoid it.
I'm not a person who likes to wait...so, I ordered both 2 and 3's and will try both and return whichever isn't the one for me

·
Registered
239 Posts

Yeah, keep the lights off and she won't make fun of you so much. (Especially in the bedroom!) ;]

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Does Tony at luxury.mods have any light panels to replace the red reflectors around the backup lights and extend the red tailights ?

Someone said the thought there was a mod panel already avaiable.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I heard there was a retrofit for the nonworking lights, but I think it involves running wiring somewhere? Not too sure. I'd love to get those lights working!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I heard there was a retrofit for the nonworking lights, but I think it involves running wiring somewhere? Not too sure. I'd love to get those lights working!
Just out of curiousity, why the urge to do this mod? I was driving home on Sunday night in the dark behind several cars that have red reflectors on the rear bumper and at night w/ headlights on them, they look like they're lit up. Not sure I see the advantage to this mod? Only time I guess it's beneficial is in the rain/cloudy day?

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Just out of curiousity, why the urge to do this mod? I was driving home on Sunday night in the dark behind several cars that have red reflectors on the rear bumper and at night w/ headlights on them, they look like they're lit up. Not sure I see the advantage to this mod? Only time I guess it's beneficial is in the rain/cloudy day?
I think you guys are speaking about the little red reflectors at the bottom of each side of the rear bumper...what they should have done was make these rear fog lights...like they had on my old Audi A6...great in the foul weather for helping your car to be seen better. I saw an RX350 or 400 recently...a newer model...where these red little things did light up. I remember wondering if it was done custom or does the RX series just come that way.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Well actually, I'm referring to the nonworking lights that are next to the rear reverse and brake lights. They don't light up. I know there is a retrofit for it though.

·
Registered
324 Posts
Jimmy, in rainy and heavy rains they make a difference. I had them on one of my Jags and it lights up the rear in bad weather. Just like turning on bright fogs.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts