Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I am upgrading my Premium Audio 2013 CT200H.

I thought I was pretty clever, and wired up my Fosgate 5 channel amp from the factory amp output, and then used the factory wiring there to power the speakers. It was not an easy job, required wiring diagrams from the service manual and a whole lot of repurposing a few Metra 70-1761 and 71-1761 adapters. I can post up more about that if requested (with pics).

But... duh... the Front L/R output of the amp is low-passed and the rear is high-passed! The amp is fine with the high level input, but doesn't sum the signals, and so my front speakers sound tinny and my rear speakers sound muffled.

I considered using a cleansweep or some processor to sum these signals, but that will ruin my fading and cost too much. Am I SOL? Can I pull out the headunit and get the input from there? The service manual seems to imply that the head unit sends a digital signal to the amp.

I am at a loss here, I may have to back out the amp install... what a pain!

·
Registered
692 Posts
When I hooked up my powered sub I took the line level signal from the wiring harness on the back of the receiver. I suggest tapping into it there and using all line level signals. Keep in mind though that I don't have the premium system, so no external factory amp option for me.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yep, unfortunately that doesn't work for the Premium since it is sending a digital signal to the amp... I found a solution that works, though it kills my ability to fade.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Did the Metra adaptors allow for you to do do direct wiring behind the new head unit or did you have to wire all of that in at the amplifier under the pass seat?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts