Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yesterday, I was up visiting family in Sacramento & was using the navigation system to get back to the freeway. I was in downtown Sacramento, by the capitol building & noticed that the locator on the nav had me in the wrong place. It said the next street was "X Street," but, really, it was "U Street." X Street was actually on the other side of the freeway from where I was.

I went ahead & went to X Street & took a left & the navi kept saying "recalculating route." Eventually, it seemed to catch up with me. Then, about 20 miles south of Sacramento on HWY 99, it freaked out again & suddenly showed the indicator somewhere west of the 99 in the middle of nowhere. It didn't even have me traveling in the right direction! i.e. the arrow pointed due West and I was traveling south. When we hit some stop & go traffic, I was able to "re-calibrate" it manually back to where we were. But, within 15 minutes, it was way off course again. I had never left this major freeway the entire time, but suddenly it had me somewhere west of I-5! We stopped for gas & I recalibrated it manually one more time and this time, it seemed to stay on course.

Has anyone had this issue before?
Do I need to take it into Lexus & have them professionally recalibrate it?

·
Registered
414 Posts
When you say you manually recalibrated it, did you use the recalibration in the Nav system?

232 Posts
Oh yes! I used to have serious issues with my then 2002 BMW e46, the BMW literally would "outrun" the GPS all the time, especially on mountainous hilly roads if you drive in a spirited manner, but eventually it worked itself out before I had a chance to take back to the dealer. I never had any similar issues with either RX300 or RX330. I think one of reason may be Lexus is "slower" car and Lexus NAV system w/hard drive is more responsive than the older BMW's (cd ROM). No problems so far with CT yet; and I have driven from coastal highways of FL all the way to the mountain roads of TN. BTW, I don't believe the GPS receiver on the CT is on the dashboard, somehow I remember reading elsewhere it is an integral chipset embedded in the stub antenna base?

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Nothing on the dash. Literally on HWY 99 just outside of downtown Sacramento (just south of Elk Grove, on the way to Lodi). Same route I drove up without issue. No tall buildings. No tall trees. No curving hilly roads. Just a major 4-lane highway through central California. Here's an example the road I was driving on when it went rogue:
Galt, CA - Google Maps

As an aside, when I say "manual calibration," I used the "Calibration" option in the navi settings.
Since getting back to LA, I haven't had any problems, but if no one else has ever had this issue, maybe I should give Lexus Service a call?

Thanks!

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a 2012 ct with premium nav. Worked great for first 2 years and for the past 3 years it rarely works. Been into Lexus several times. Appears to work and then within 3 miles gps disappears. Nightmare. They don't seem able to figure out the problem. A new head another gps receiver only yesterday and still it doesn't work

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.