Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I still haven't decided about keeping my HTC, but one of the big annoyances is that I keep getting a failure notice when I try to import my contact. It's weird, because it was instant and painless with my iPhone.

I can't tell if it's a Nav system or phone setting that's the issue. I'm guessing phone somehow, but this shouldn't be hard. I saw Jeff's video about loading them one at a time for the non-nav system, but surely that's not my only option - is it? Any other Android folks with a suggestion? :confused:

·
Registered
205 Posts
I have the Thunderbolt and uploading my contacts was easy.I just input the bluetooth number off the phone and into the car.

Are you looking at the phones blue tooth info?

Under settings- wireless & networks- bluetooth

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have the Thunderbolt and uploading my contacts was easy.I just input the bluetooth number off the phone and into the car.

Are you looking at the phones blue tooth info?

Under settings- wireless & networks- bluetooth
Bluetooth connects easy as pie, every bit as painlessly as I'd expect. The phone works great when connected, too - it's just the contacts.

Reading your post again though - you said inputting the phone's bluetooth number into the car. I thought I was supposed to input the car's password into the phone. Have I missed a step?

·
Registered
37 Posts
If I understood correctly, it will depend on the phone, firmware or carrier. Once the phone is connected, if compatible, contacts will automatically download. This is a great improvement with this generation nav system.

·
Registered
391 Posts
I still haven't decided about keeping my HTC, but one of the big annoyances is that I keep getting a failure notice when I try to import my contact. It's weird, because it was instant and painless with my iPhone.

I can't tell if it's a Nav system or phone setting that's the issue. I'm guessing phone somehow, but this shouldn't be hard. I saw Jeff's video about loading them one at a time for the non-nav system, but surely that's not my only option - is it? Any other Android folks with a suggestion? :confused:
Hi Met.. I don't have Nav, so it is hard for me to check more details of this for you.. I did check the Thunderbolt and it seems to have all the needed profiles.. HFP, OPP and PBA...

If it were me at this point, I would try to Re-initialize the hand-free system or maybe the Nav system. I saw in the Nav manual one can delete all personal info from the system. (page 309)

And reset your HTC... (This can be a pain if you have a lot of setting up to do.. etc... I did it a few times on my HTC until I got some things figured out) Settings, SD & Phone storage, Factory data reset... (under Settings, Privacy, one can turn off or on "backup settings" and "auto restore". these help restore all the apps you have installed and other settings.. good or bad?? depending...)

Then try the setup again. After you've already paired your phone and go in to "phone" and select "contacts" the first time it should say "The phonebook is empty. Would you like to transfer new contacts?"

Wish I had Nav to investigate this more... Good luck... Roger:)

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
...Then try the setup again. After you've already paired your phone and go in to "phone" and select "contacts" the first time it should say "The phonebook is empty. Would you like to transfer new contacts?"
It had done the "the phonebook is empty thing" a couple of times, and always asked me if I wanted to transfer the contacts. It's just that at the end of the process, the system says that there was an error, and nothing got transferred.

Turns out that taking a fresh run at the setup was indeed the trick. I renamed my phone in its device settings, paired it, then returned the phone to its original name. When I paired it back under its "real" name, it asked me if I wanted to transfer contacts, and it WORKED this time.

Thanks to everyone for the suggestions!

·
Registered
30 Posts

-----

Hi! How did you load contacts from iPhone? It keeps asking me to send phonebook but I do not know how. I have an iPhone4. Please help.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
Hi! How did you load contacts from iPhone? It keeps asking me to send phonebook but I do not know how. I have an iPhone4. Please help.
That part's easy if you have a nav system -- just connect your phone, and it'll ask you if you want to import contacts. Might work that way on the non-nav too. In general, though, it was so completely automatic the first time I tried that it threw me for a loop when it wasn't so easy on a new phone.

Here's the thing that's wierding me out though. I'm seeing names in the contact list that haven't been on my phone in 4 or 5 years! And of course my Tbolt is relatively new, so that would have been my OLD phone.

Here's where it gets even wierder. I'd only had the iPhone for a little over a year before I dumped it. So some of the numbers in my Lexus directory are from TWO PHONES AGO. :eek::eek:

How is that possible? Did two different phone companies transfer invisible phantom contacts? And how did the car read them? Because I'm looking at my phone, and of course those phantoms listed in the car are NOT in my phone. It's the darndest thing....

1 - 8 of 8 Posts