Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyway, the lady inside the nav system is saying "Turn right" when the map is very plainly showing left...and left is in fact the correct way to turn.

At first I thought that this was the thing that happens sometimes when the nav system (any nav system) comes up with some bizarre route, so I doublechecked.

The route was drawn correctly. It was just the spoken instruction that was wrong. :confused:

It has happened a couple of times in the last week or so. Any thoughts?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Women drivers:p:p:p:p

Change the gender of the nav voice to male !!!!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Please. My wife is such a much better driver than I am. She's also the only of the two of us who can actually tell left from right. :eek:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I think the problem lies in how close right and left sound when pronounced by the lady. There were a few times where I had to hit the 'map' button a few times to hear the lady say the directions again when I thought she was saying the opposite direction.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Is there an option to change the lady's voice to that of a male voice? I know this isn't PC, but sometimes I totally tune out when my wife when she's giving me directions... same thing goes for the lady talking to me through the navigation system.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
I think the only voice is the lady's voice. Haven't seen an option to change voices.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
You know how some systems use a celebrity voice? Bob Dylan said that somebody asked him to do this, and the idea of being responsible for giving someone directions was too much for him. "I'd say 'Turn right! No, left! Ah, f^ck it, just go straight."

I thought it would have been funnier if he'd said, "Yeah, but when they press the 'Home' button I'd have to tell 'em 'There's no direction home.'"

Kidding aside, whenever I've had the option, I've always used women's voices for GPS. The higher frequency of women's voices stands out from the road noise more easily for me. I'll try turning up the volume on the nav system some more, and see if I was just hearing wrong.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I totally tune out when my wife when she's giving me directions... same thing goes for the lady talking to me through the navigation system.
Oh boy :eek:

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
I think the problem lies in how close right and left sound when pronounced by the lady. There were a few times where I had to hit the 'map' button a few times to hear the lady say the directions again when I thought she was saying the opposite direction.
Only used my Nav once or twice so far and it distinctly made the left/right error, no mispronnunciation, the map showed "Left" and the nav lady distincly said "Right" :mad:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
oh dear. That's not good. i usually have my music blasting so when she does talk, it sounds the same either way. LOL.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts