Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
180 Posts
Very nice description of the NAV system's functions and features from rehabmax.

In Canada, it cost $3400 to add the NAV system to your car. I suppose if you are a saleman, or someone else who works out of their car, the $3400 is easy to justify. The navigation capability, and enhanced hands free phone, could be used daily.

For anyone else ... it's probably a case of having more dollars than sense.

Can anyone describe the hands free phone capabilities you get when you have bluetooth without the NAV system?

·
Registered
180 Posts
i have BT connectivity without the NAV system. works fine - i have streaming audio as well as phone capability hooked up to an Android 2.2 smartphone (LG Optimus). there are very minor hiccups with the connection at the beginning but they are easy to work around. i also use a Garmin Nuvi 265WT GPS that i got for <$100 and includes traffic. btw, you still get the free XM satellite radio subscription (3-month? 6-month? not sure, but XM usually doesn't shut it off for ~1 year anyways). so my homemade "Nav package" cost me in total: $89+tax. :)
I'm kind of interested in what you can do with the hands free phone. Can you voice dial by number? Can you select contacts from your contact list? by voice? from the premium audio system? How about voice control of your music selections?

I haven't received my car yet, so I haven't had a chance to play with the SmartPhone connectivity. I know there is substantial voice control of your phone/music with the NAV system, but it isn't so clear what you can do with the basic bluetooth capability.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.