Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
First disclaimer: I have an old iPhone 3G so perhaps that is the problem...

I can connect the phone to the Nav system via blutooth and it sees the phone in the audio system, but if the phone is connected to the car it won't load any of the music off the phone. If the music is connected it won't link up the phone connection.

Has anyone else had a difficult time fully syncing their phone with the Nav system (i.e. being able to play music from the phone AND make phone calls without disconnecting the entire system and reconnecting the other)

·
Registered
237 Posts
First disclaimer: I have an old iPhone 3G so perhaps that is the problem...

I can connect the phone to the Nav system via blutooth and it sees the phone in the audio system, but if the phone is connected to the car it won't load any of the music off the phone. If the music is connected it won't link up the phone connection.

Has anyone else had a difficult time fully syncing their phone with the Nav system (i.e. being able to play music from the phone AND make phone calls without disconnecting the entire system and reconnecting the other)
My iPhone 4 is set up and working well for calls and bluetooth streaming of music. I haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Try deleting the phone in the nav and set it up from start. I guess you accidentally did set it up for phone and audio separately. When setting it up you will be able to choose between "Phone" or "phone and audio" and if you choose the wrong one there and sets audio up after, then you will have this problem.
I use htc with no problem. Try setting it up from scratch and see if it works better then.
Då also check the phone settings, I dont know about iphone, but on the htc you can choose if you want the bluetooth to be used for audio, phone ore both.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I'm experiencing problems synching my HTC to the NAV system

My HTC EVO 3D is constantly dropping calls or reverts to a Mute mode. It is frustrating and I don't know how yo resolve it? The dealer is perplexed. Judging from these posts, is this is a recurring problem, or an anomaly?
Bigmingin

·
Registered
237 Posts
My HTC EVO 3D is constantly dropping calls or reverts to a Mute mode. It is frustrating and I don't know how yo resolve it? The dealer is perplexed. Judging from these posts, is this is a recurring problem, or an anomaly?
Bigmingin
I don't know about other phones but I have an iPhone 4 and haven't had any issues.

·
Registered
115 Posts
i have an LG Optimus (Android 2.2) hooked up via bluetooth (no NAV) and have no problems. i think it goes without saying you can't have streaming music going on AND talk on the phone at the same time....the phone call will interrupt the streaming music (and then resume again when phonecall is over).

·
Registered
391 Posts
Bigmingin
I've used HTC Touch HD (WM 6.1) and now HTC Sensation (Android 2.3.4) and haven't had either issue. Usually it's best to start fresh if you are having problems. Could you factory reset your EVO and re-initialize the CTs hands-free system?

·
Registered
116 Posts
using iPhone 4 and didn't have any problem

·
Registered
17 Posts
Have a 3GS and don't have any problems.

Are you saying if it's linked up to make phone calls, the car won't show the songs on the device?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Tempo36, when in doubt, delete your phone from the system, and reconnect from scratch. I was having a problem with my address book, and starting over fixed everything.

FWIW, my HTC Thunderbolt is handling both BT audio and BT phone just fine. That's why I'm thinking that just redoing the connection will clean this up.

And Mhc, some phones show songs in Bluetooth, and some don't - they just show a play button and a pause button and not much else. There's a compatibility checker at lexus.com (sorry, you'll have to Google it) that lines up your phone and your car to see how which BT audio features you'll get.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Have a 3GS and don't have any problems.

Are you saying if it's linked up to make phone calls, the car won't show the songs on the device?
There are different Bluetooth protocols, so it might be the 3G doesn't support this.

Of note, though is the new iOS5. It seems the BT interface has been updated that it now shows fields for song/artist, etc. when connected over BT. Of course, Pandora isn't populating these fields, but there is hope.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts