Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Everyone is pretty smart here, and seems to be doing a TON of research on their own. Start your offers at invoice and make your offer from that based on the value the dealership has brought to your new car buying experience. We are just starting to trail out of a recession, and don't think for a minute dealerships aren't willing to negotiate. If they aren't, find another one... Someone wants to make a sale. Mine has already indicated there "is" flexibility in the CT's pricing.

For myself, and considering the build I'm looking at, my dealer has *NOT* brought $3,500 in front end to the deal. :p

2011 Lexus CT 200h Optional Equipment, Pricing and Information - NADAguides.com

Good luck with your negotiations!

·
Registered
66 Posts
IMO, in Canada the supply is extremely scarce and the demand is quite high, thus the room for bargaining is honestly nonexistent. Was told that if we wanted to negotiate pricing (MSRP) they would not sell the car to us.

There were literally customers lining up to buy the car when we test drove the car.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
If someone told me they would not sell me the car, I'd ask myself if it was worth a few months to save a few thousand. Sorry, I wouldn't even pay a $1k premium to be the new kid on the block.

That said, congrats. :)

·
Registered
66 Posts
If someone told me they would not sell me the car, I'd ask myself if it was worth a few months to save a few thousand. Sorry, I wouldn't even pay a $1k premium to be the new kid on the block.

That said, congrats. :)
There was no premium, we paid MSRP minus a few hundred:/ but I mean I would assume (no flaming) that the market in Canada is quite different than the US.

In Canada, we have a small number of dealers that will sell the car at MSRP one way or another because of an onslaught of buyers that will readily pay MSRP or even above invoice, whereas in the US there are a larger number of dealers and a greater supply of vehicles.

·
Registered
199 Posts
The CT is not going to be produced in the amount that there will be a lot full of them at each dealership. That being said, based on the amount of orders my store in itself has, I would not expect to be a CT to go for less than MSRP.

I will say if your a Cosco member, you will save money off MSRP.
I'm the Cosco contact for us here at the Chicago store, and remember, not every dealership participates in this program.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I just depends what you're willing to pay for to get something that you want. I bought a first year RSX the day it came out. Paid MSRP for it but it didn't bother me. I wanted the car.

I'm lucky that my sister works for Toyota so my last 3 cars (Prius, IS 250 and future CT 200h) were purchased through the employee purchase program which is saves some under invoice.

For that I'm willing to wait a couple months. Maybe longer though since Japan was hit with that earthquake.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
The CT is not going to be produced in the amount that there will be a lot full of them at each dealership. That being said, based on the amount of orders my store in itself has, I would not expect to be a CT to go for less than MSRP
With 10k units slated for MY2011 and Toyota notating production will ramp according to demand, only an idiot would think this car will be available only in limited quantities.

No offense, but you're coming across as quite the car salesman... :)

·
Registered
199 Posts
With 10k units slated for MY2011 and Toyota notating production will ramp according to demand, only an idiot would think this car will be available only in limited quantities.

No offense, but you're coming across as quite the car salesman... :)
None taken !! I am proud to be a Sales and Leasing Consultant!! Been with Toyota/Lexus now for over 6 years too.

And at 10,000 units for a year, thats just over 46 cars per store.... I have over 28 orders now still waiting to be filled.....

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
None taken !! I am proud to be a Sales and Leasing Consultant!! Been with Toyota/Lexus now for over 6 years too.

And at 10,000 units for a year, thats just over 46 cars per store.... I have over 28 orders now still waiting to be filled.....
Let's hope that plenty of stores don't have the drive that McGrath has, and your allocation keeps in check for you to deliver additional units. ;)

·
Registered
516 Posts
Is there a standard price discount for Costco members? I'm here in Florida and a Costco member...haven't talked to them yet. Also, I have yet to see a car with the LED lowbeam headlights on it. The factory projector lamps don't seem that bright. I am used to HID lights...even have them on my 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited from the factory. I know they come with headlamp washers but are they much brighter and whiter and basically, better at lighting up the road? Also, do they adjust side to side like other Lexus cars when you make a turn around a corner?

·
Registered
283 Posts
........... Also, I have yet to see a car with the LED lowbeam headlights on it. The factory projector lamps don't seem that bright. I am used to HID lights...even have them on my 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited from the factory. I know they come with headlamp washers but are they much brighter and whiter and basically, better at lighting up the road? Also, do they adjust side to side like other Lexus cars when you make a turn around a corner?
The LED Headlamps are nice and bright. I don't think they are quite as bright as HID's but a lot better then the standard halogen's. The headlamps are fixed and do not adjust to the steering input.

·
Registered
199 Posts
Is there a standard price discount for Costco members? I'm here in Florida and a Costco member...haven't talked to them yet. Also, I have yet to see a car with the LED lowbeam headlights on it. The factory projector lamps don't seem that bright. I am used to HID lights...even have them on my 2004 Toyota Sienna XLE Limited from the factory. I know they come with headlamp washers but are they much brighter and whiter and basically, better at lighting up the road? Also, do they adjust side to side like other Lexus cars when you make a turn around a corner?
The LED Headlamps are nice and bright. I don't think they are quite as bright as HID's but a lot better then the standard halogen's. The headlamps are fixed and do not adjust to the steering input.
The LED low beam headlamps actually have dynamic auto-leveling. They do not turn like the other's do.

The LED lights require less power than conventional bulbs by 45%.

In my personal experience, I would say they are a "perfect" light.

As far as the Discount, that CAN vary per region. In our region, it's $300.00 off MSRP

·
Registered
6 Posts
costco discount

wow, I guess it does vary by region...at a dealership in WA it's currently $750, and they are pulling out at the end of the month

1 - 13 of 13 Posts