Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Greetings forum dwellers.

My name is Jay and I currently drive a 2008 VW GTI around the mean streets of Boston. Coils, intake, relocated diverter valve, downpipe, exhaust, Revo Stg2, custom dyno tune... all that good stuff. It will soon be replaced...

I threw my money down on a CT on March 16th -- Starfire on Black. Waiting anxiously for news from the dealer and I've been quenching my desire for the new ride vicariously through articles, pictures and forums. So, here I am. Welcome me. Thank you, thank you :cool:

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Welcome to the forums, enjoy all the CT talk while you await your new car as it might be awhile :(

·
Premium Member
708 Posts

My name is Jay and I currently drive a 2008 VW GTI around the mean streets of Boston. Coils, intake, relocated diverter valve, downpipe, exhaust, Revo Stg2, custom dyno tune... all that good stuff. It will soon be replaced...

I threw my money down on a CT on March 16th -- Starfire on Black. Waiting anxiously for news from the dealer and I've been quenching my desire for the new ride vicariously through articles, pictures and forums. So, here I am. Welcome me. Thank you, thank you :cool:
Welcome - just realize you are trading performance for frugal fuel useage.

The Ct is a good car but don't expect anything like the performance of the GTI

:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Welcome - just realize you are trading performance for frugal fuel useage.

The Ct is a good car but don't expect anything like the performance of the GTI

:D:D:D:D
Oh, I know what I'm getting into... tired of premium gas and driving manual in city traffic. I need a lazier ride.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Lazier, but kicks you in your butt at times. LOL.

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Greeting from New Jersey, you will love in CT in city driving. You are trading performance in your GTI to the best performance hybrid with 40 plus mpg on the market. The wait is worth it!

·
Registered
410 Posts
Welcome Lexceetee... you will be smiling all the way to the bank.. (the gas bank that is) ; -)

·
Registered
152 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone. This is an awesome welcome. HeyGurl, checking out your sig, seems like you know something about giving up performance for a hybrid (replacing your G37S for the CT). How has the transition been for you?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey Lexceetee,
I definitely know something about that. hehe We had a 2010 Prius for 1.5 yrs. So that has really helped me to embrace and appreciate the CT's agility & smoothness. I know there are lots of Prius lovers out there (including my husband). However, it just didn't compare to the CT...IMHO. My need for speed was nothing like a guy's would be. hehe With that said, I loved driving my G37. Yes it was very quick & nimble.....and a BLAST to drive. However, the CT is more practical for me now. (geez I sound like a grandma or something..haha) For me, giving up the G37's speed was not difficult for the comfort, smoothness, MPG's & above all "regular" unleaded gas of the CT. For those reasons.... it has been a very easy transistion for me. $$$$$$$$ ;)

·
Registered
38 Posts

Welcome...funny, i was on the fence between a 09 GTI and a new CT...your feedback seems validation...i really didn't need the GTI advantages until the weekend, yet had to deal with M-F and the rising fuel prices....
We're good with the CT me thinks.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts