Lexus CT200h Forums banner

My Saturday at Longo Lexus Service

7K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  dmcmillen 
#1 · (Edited)
I got home from my 10:30 am service appointment at about 4:30 pm!

I was scheduled to have the coolant replaced and to do the NAV 11.1 map update. I ordered the update from Lexus of North Miami, so it just needed to be installed.

I arrived on time and told the service adviser what I was there for. He told me that my CT was the first one to come in to their service department for either item! I was a little nervous about being the guinea pig! :eek: Initially, he quoted 2 hours labor to install the map data (he said that map data updates often don't go too smoothly!) It would take about 3.5 hours total. A bit longer than I had anticipated, but I told him I would wait. I had my portable DVD player and 2 discs worth of Mythbusters to get through, so I settled in. :)

About 2 hours later, he came to me with an update. He said that my NAV system firmware needed to be updated before they could do the map data update. There would be no charge for the system update; it would take a couple of hours to complete the work. He then listed various places that I could get lunch in and around the dealership as it was lunch time. I thanked him and continued with Mythbusters.

Another couple of hours passed. The service adviser came and told me that they had finished with the NAV system and were finishing up the coolant replacement. They had some difficulty finding the service port connection, but otherwise all had gone smoothly; it wouldn't be much longer. I thanked him again.

Half an hour later, he came to tell me that the work was all done and they were taking the car over to fill up the tank, but there was a back log of cars at their pump. Half an hour later, all fueled up and off to be washed, he was getting all the paperwork together. I put away my DVD player. Another 15 minutes and he came back with the paperwork.

He went over what they had done, apologized for how long it had taken, thanked me for my patience and informed me that there would be no charge for anything they had done due to how long it had taken; it was the least they could do. I just had to sign the release paperwork and pick up my car.

Another slight delay when I picked it up, there had been a problem with their car wash "rig". It was quite a short delay, however, so maybe my CT had gotten through before the problem occurred.

Besides all the delays, everything went well. I had things to do while waiting and I never got in their face about anything. In the end, I saved about $140, so I'd say that waiting a couple of hours longer was worth it! Sometimes, I guess that good things DO come to those who wait! :D

Just another note! I was amused at the invoice line item for the NAV system firmware update. It read "Firmware Update for Navigation Update", the next line read "Cause: Poor Programming" :rolleyes: and the line after was "EL9014 Navigation OS Update". The service tech mentioned system speed and Bluetooth problems as reasons for the update. ;)

See less See more
#2 ·
I have alway like Longo Lexus. They have excellent services and great amenities. Just had my 5K service done 2 days ago and it went smoothly. Just curious, why do you have a coolent service? Is that a recall item?

#3 ·
I received a "Limited Service Campaign" letter from Lexus about the improper coolant mixture problem that my CT "may" have. The tone of the letter is very "maybe you might want to do this; if not, that's OK too!"

I haven't had any problems, but better safe than sorry! ;)

#5 ·
Just another note! I was amused at the invoice line item for the NAV system firmware update. It read "Firmware Update for Navigation Update", the next line read "Cause: Poor Programming" :rolleyes: and the line after was "EL9014 Navigation OS Update". The service tech mentioned system speed and Bluetooth problems as reasons for the update. ;)
How to check to see if I need the firmware update? I have been having minor Bluetooth issues. Thanks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.