Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Wow. Impressive. I have yet to see 55 mpg on mine. What kind of driving? Hwy/city or a mix? Did you use cruise control? What driving mode were you in? How was the terrain?

·
Premium Member
69 Posts
Now that is truly fantastic, was the drive on flat roads or hilly terrain?

·
Registered
410 Posts
Wow... that is great!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
It was mostly highway without cruise control. I just drove slow in the right lane. But then again this was for a short distance for about 40 miles. I think for a more accurate reading I would need to drive more miles?

·
Registered
208 Posts
It was mostly highway without cruise control. I just drove slow in the right lane. But then again this was for a short distance for about 40 miles. I think for a more accurate reading I would need to drive more miles?
Was it downhill?

I'm lucky to get 40 MPG. I'm happy though, I averaged about 42 in my Prius. I think the crap they put in California gas has a severe impact on MPG. I got these big heavy feet too and that can't help matters. I do everything I can to break the stereotype that hybrids are slow.

·
Registered
516 Posts
I agree it was that high because of the "reset" and doing it at highway speeds. When I set my SUV over at cruising speeds for a short period of distance, it will read all kinds of crazy high numbers but in a day or so, it averages out with the city commute and goes back to a normal number

·
Registered
200 Posts
I'm averaging about 45-46 mpg after a week of driving. I have a number of hills to negotiate each day. I keep it in Sport mode more often. I am putting about 30 miles a day on the car. After 1 week there is still half a tank. Bottom line is we will all have extra money in our pockets each month if we have changed from a 20 mpg vehicle (like I did) with this car. I like to call the CT200h a hybrid with an attitude.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts