Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Here's what I'll likely get for my CT (once I finally get around to pulling the trigger on one). I fell in love with these rims over on my other forum a few years back. I've already confirmed these come in 18x7.5 (20 lbs per rim) +35 or +43 offsets. Pretty sure these rims are lighter than OEM, but still haven't been able to hunt down the OEM rim weight. Does anyone know?

·
Registered
222 Posts
what a great post to share our wheel wants and wishes for our ct200h's. here's what i want on my car. 18x8 +43 weighs in at 17.75 lbs. :eek: very sweet, very light, very strong, 1 piece forged wheel. been dreaming about these wheels for a long time. excuse the cheesy photochop. :cool:

·
Registered
87 Posts
what a great post to share our wheel wants and wishes for our ct200h's. here's what i want on my car. 18x8 +43 weighs in at 17.75 lbs. :eek: very sweet, very light, very strong, 1 piece forged wheel. been dreaming about these wheels for a long time. excuse the cheesy photochop. :cool:

What brand are those? Price? Thanks.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Nice, those look good. So you're going w/ the lip look. I have a lip on my current wheels and wasn't sure how rims w/ a lip would look on the CT.

Yeah, what kind are they?

·
Registered
222 Posts
ings ts06. forged/manufactured by rays engineering (volk).

by the way, no one is allowed to have these on their ct200h until i get a set first. that's the proper ct200h member etiquette. :D

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
ings ts06. forged/manufactured by rays engineering (volk).

by the way, no one is allowed to have these on their ct200h until i get a set first. that's the proper ct200h member etiquette. :D
It's all you man! There's no way I would shell out that much $ for wheels.

·
Registered
222 Posts
i know what you mean about cost (ahem, we paid over $30k for the ct200h), but what other lightweight options for wheels exist for this car that are forged and cheap? no sense in adding to unsprung weight.

by the way, what wheels are on your first post?

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
i know what you mean about cost (ahem, we paid over $30k for the ct200h), but what other lightweight options for wheels exist for this car that are forged and cheap? no sense in adding to unsprung weight.

by the way, what wheels are on your first post?
Yeah, I agree about not adding any additional unsprung weight to a hybrid or car that gets great mileage. I first looked at Volks or BBS, but can't justify spending that much just for appearance. I'm pretty sure most of their wheels will shave a few lbs. off per rim when compared to the OEM weight (which I still haven't been able to hunt down). There are other manufacturers out there who sell rims that are likely the same weight or slightly less than OEM (like the ones I posted above). Those are 5zigen Gravis 1 rims and according to what I found, they should only weight 20.0 lbs. per wheel. Here is a close-up of the wheel I photshopped above.

I also like these wheels too, which are commonly found on Audi's & VW's. They're Sportech or Sportechnic and come in a one piece or two piece (with lip), both shown below.

·
Registered
222 Posts
^ all very nice and classy. the 5zigen wheels are similar to the volk te37. hopefully someone will chime in with the stock wheel weight. my guess would be in the 20-22 lb. range.

te37sl (super lap) is available in 5x100 18x9 +45 :eek:

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
UPDATE - My CT is going to be Smoky Granite Mica

Since my car will be arriving within the next month or so, I've been looking for alternate rims for the car. It's not going to be white, so I've been toying with maybe getting some Audi B7 RS4 replica's (18" x 8), since the standard rims for Audi's don't have a 5x100 bolt pattern. I've always loved these wheels when I've seen them in person. Here's a photoshop I did, stealing the rims off of this A3. :D

·
Registered
66 Posts
I'm trying to find RS4 reps too... But too bad they don't come in 5x100.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I'm trying to find RS4 reps too... But too bad they don't come in 5x100.
I found a place that has them, 18"x8" 5x100, but currently out of stock at the moment. They also have 17" ones that are in stock.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Audi TT's and VW Golfs etc. Have 5x100 bolt circle.

·
Registered
66 Posts
I found a place that has them, 18"x8" 5x100, but currently out of stock at the moment. They also have 17" ones that are in stock.
Feel free to link the website in the thread or PM me.

Thanks a lot in advance!

·
Registered
137 Posts
They'll look good on a smokey. What offset are you looking at? +35 or +45?

·
Registered
66 Posts
I want to run 19's personally, but I doubt they'd work without rubbing. (45 offset may be too aggressive)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Audi TT's and VW Golfs etc. Have 5x100 bolt circle.
That is correct. There are a lot of good deals out there for anyone who likes some of those OEM wheels, BBS rims too, not my taste though.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Not sure yet, still need to confirm what will fit and how much of a drop I'll be getting. Also, I need to confirm the wheel weights with the seller, they said "about 24 lbs. per wheel", which I think matches the OEM wheels for the CT. Don't think I'll be buying them if they're heavier.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts