Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think many here will agree that the Ct200H is a revolutionary car.
It's like something from the back to the future.
But what is your favorite feature about the CT?

Mine is the keyless entry.
The fact that I don't have to even take my keys out of my pocket to lock or unlock the car is fantastic.

- I approach the car with my key in my laptop bag.
- At this point the car knows I am the owner and switches on the puddle lights under the mirrors and internal lighting
- Then as soon as I put my hand on the inside of the door handle the mirrors fold out and the doors unlock.

- On the way out I still don't have to take my keys out
- Just hold my index finger on the little dip on the door handle for 1 second and the mirrors fold in and the car locks.

That's my favorite thing on this car followed by the super duper cruise range. Lol

·
Registered
169 Posts
My ten year old Renault has that. Except that I don't need to touch the car to close it - it just locks up automagically when I take the key card ten feet away from the car.

·
Registered
180 Posts

The fact that I don't have to even take my keys out of my pocket to lock or unlock the car is fantastic.

- At this point the car knows I am the owner and switches on the puddle lights under the mirrors and internal lighting
- Then as soon as I put my hand on the inside of the door handle the mirrors fold out and the doors unlock.

- Just hold my index finger on the little dip on the door handle for 1 second and the mirrors fold in and the car locks.

That's my favorite thing on this car followed by the super duper cruise range. Lol
Have you associated your key vob with the memory seats yet? Seats and mirrors should automatically be set to your favourite position as you enter the car. :cool:

Of course, you might be the only driver of your car, so the seats and mirrors are always set to your favourite position.:rolleyes:

·
Premium Member
708 Posts

Great feature - word of warning my wife has a pocketbook with a metallized finish which shield the signal from the key fob.

She has to remove the fob from this pocketbook otherwise the signal is blocked and she can't get in the car.

The feature I miss is rain sensing windshield wipers.

·
Registered
92 Posts

What package has the folding door mirrors?? I'm in the US, and mine is kitted out sans Navigation - perhaps these folding mirros is part of this?

·
Registered
92 Posts
What package has the folding door mirrors?? I'm in the US, and mine is kitted out sans Navigation - perhaps these folding mirros is part of this?
And as a side note, the thing I HATE - how the stereo system does not scroll the wording/title of the track/station!! Sooooo annoying.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
And as a side note, the thing I HATE - how the stereo system does not scroll the wording/title of the track/station!! Sooooo annoying.
We don't get folding mirrors in the US

·
Registered
91 Posts
The Keyless entry is great. Think my favourite though is the voice recognition - use it all the time to change temperature, switch from radio to USB etc.

·
Registered
283 Posts
We don't get folding mirrors in the US
:confused: Mine has folding mirrors, manual not electric mind you, but they fold in.

Are you refering to electric fold in mirrors?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
:confused: Mine has folding mirrors, manual not electric mind you, but they fold in.

Are you refering to electric fold in mirrors?
Certain markets get electrically operated folding mirrors (Australia has the option I believe).

I miss the heated steering wheel !!!! :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
The Keyless entry is great. Think my favourite though is the voice recognition - use it all the time to change temperature, switch from radio to USB etc.
We get electric folding mirrors here in Australia on some models but we don't get voice recognition (but it does for the Bluetooth phone book though !)

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I too am really enjoying the keyless entry. I don't think I would ever want to go back to a car with a real key!

·
Registered
170 Posts
My ten year old Renault has that. Except that I don't need to touch the car to close it - it just locks up automagically when I take the key card ten feet away from the car.
When I first got the CT200h, this is what I thought I had! I would go to the mall and just walk away assuming the door would lock itself. One time, I closed the door and entered the grocery store with my wife to pick up a few items. We came back after getting our stuff and out of habit reached in my pocket for my keys. I couldn't find them! Uuggh!

Did I drop them? Did I leave them in the store?

I then peered in the car window and there were my keys - in the cupholder!!
Definitely a "duh" moment!

Then one time, my sister came over to visit and just opened the door got in the driver's seat. I still didn't know and thought that maybe my key still "in range". But to be sure, I read the manual and sure enough, it said that I had to put my finger on the dip on the handle to lock the doors!

·
Registered
324 Posts
I too am really enjoying the keyless entry. I don't think I would ever want to go back to a car with a real key!
Can the passenger door be opened if the passenger puts their finger on the handle before you do?
Or does it only opens when the driver door handle is touched.

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
The passenger can open their side of the door if they have the key and are standing next to the car. The car is sensitive enough that it won't open the passenger side if the driver is standing on his/her side of the car. Obviously, for safety reasons. If someone was chasing you and you get to your car, LOL. I would hope only the driver side opens once you get there...unless you have the unlock all doors option enabled.

·
Registered
324 Posts
The passenger can open their side of the door if they have the key and are standing next to the car. The car is sensitive enough that it won't open the passenger side if the driver is standing on his/her side of the car. Obviously, for safety reasons. If someone was chasing you and you get to your car, LOL. I would hope only the driver side opens once you get there...unless you have the unlock all doors option enabled.
That was my reason for asking, just in case of a full mall lot at night and someone tried to get in once they saw you open the door thinking they can slide in the passenger door.

·
Registered
237 Posts
So far I like everything about my car!!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Has anyone else noticed the inflatable lumbar support on the drivers seat? I randomly discovered this the other day while driving.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Has anyone else noticed the inflatable lumbar support on the drivers seat? I randomly discovered this the other day while driving.
I love this feature on roadtrips, can switch it up every then and again to change up seating position for better comfort :)

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I also love the mirror tilt down feature when in reverse.

Yesterday I sat in another car and went to reverse and only then realise how handy it is to have that feature. Had it on my RX350 for the past 4 years as well and must have got used to it.

Its perfect to keep your wheels scratch free from gutters.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts