Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Tomorrow will be 1 week since I picked up my Granite Mica F Sport CT from the dealership. To celebrate the anniversary I've made some minor but much needed modifications.

35W H11 6000K HID slim kit
5500K H11 Fog Lamps

I've also taken some night photos trying to capture the moonlight mood in the CT :p Of course lack of light is any photographer's worst nightmare so the quality isn't perfect even with my Nikon DSLR

I also took a short video of the folding mirrors action on the F Sport
It was discussed in few different threads so I took a short video and posted in on youtube:

Kris

·
Registered
120 Posts
great after hours pics. now that i see the green controls in the dark i am convinced the green is better than white.

·
Registered
164 Posts
Nice pics Kris,

love the video I like to watch mine do that!

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Nice pics Kris,

love the video I like to watch mine do that!
Thanks Steve.
Night shots sometimes displays different prospective
I am really getting into this little hybrid.

Its exciting as I am still on my first tank at around 595kms and still another 300 to go. now that's impressive. My average is 5.0 litres/100kms (47 mls/gallon) on the dot on this tank of gas.

I am a happy chappy. :)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Interesting looking at the lighting cutoff - yours slopes left to right mine, slopes right to left then I see you are right hand drive - nice job !

·
Registered
96 Posts
Looks great!! The HIDs are blue enough that it still allows the DRL to appear white as opposed to too yellow. I think I will order :)

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Your F-Sport dead pedal appears to be a different shape to the one we get in the accessory kit here in States.

Even when you mirror image the shape for left hand drive it is still a different shape.

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Looks great!! The HIDs are blue enough that it still allows the DRL to appear white as opposed to too yellow. I think I will order :)
Yes, I went with a 35w kit instead of the 55 as the 55 washes out the light a bit more due to power output. This is also a 6K. The DRL are still white in appearance as opposed to yellow, but still little on the yellow side as you can see from the photos.

Audi: my driveway is also uneven where I parked my car which is why I don't have a straight light line, but also likenyou mentioned our lights are designed for right hand drive like in Japan (the correct way :p). And I am European my dad would be on my case for saying that now lol

·
Registered
164 Posts
Yes, I went with a 35w kit instead of the 55 as the 55 washes out the light a bit more due to power output. This is also a 6K. The DRL are still white in appearance as opposed to yellow, but still little on the yellow side as you can see from the photos.

Audi: my driveway is also uneven where I parked my car which is why I don't have a straight light line, but also likenyou mentioned our lights are designed for right hand drive like in Japan (the correct way :p). And I am European my dad would be on my case for saying that now lol
I am from the UK originally so I agree that is the correct way :D

·
Registered
237 Posts
Looks great!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Your F-Sport dead pedal appears to be a different shape to the one we get in the accessory kit here in States.

Even when you mirror image the shape for left hand drive it is still a different shape.

You have to remember they drive on the opposite side down under. So the shape of North American dead pedals are due to wheel well. Their dead pedal is on middle of car so its more rectangular shape.

I wish my side mirrors did that :(

·
Registered
164 Posts
You have to remember they drive on the opposite side down under. So the shape of North American dead pedals are due to wheel well. Their dead pedal is on middle of car so its more rectangular shape.

I wish my side mirrors did that :(
Of course that makes sence, At first you just think everything is just a mirror image but of course it is not.

·
Registered
410 Posts
OZ: Wow...impressive!! I really, really like.

·
Registered
222 Posts
very nice! i think the lighting is really well chosen on the car. looks really good.

any interior shots of the car during the day? i wish i had the black color upper interior pieces like the f-sports. really sweet.

regarding the dead pedal: i don't think the side of the driver's seat matters. i simply think sewell provided those of us in the u.s. with the dead pedals for the "is" model cars to fulfill their orders quicker, which is a little disappointing. i am willing to bet that if the f-sport model comes to north america (left hand driver), it will have the same rectangular dead pedal as seen in oz-ct200h's post.

·
Registered
410 Posts
Thanks Hey Gurl.
It took the whole hour to do ;) I love little projects
Wow, you guys make everything sound so easy. I wish you were closer!! ;-)

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
very nice! i think the lighting is really well chosen on the car. looks really good.

any interior shots of the car during the day? i wish i had the black color upper interior pieces like the f-sports. really sweet.

regarding the dead pedal: i don't think the side of the driver's seat matters. i simply think sewell provided those of us in the u.s. with the dead pedals for the "is" model cars to fulfill their orders quicker, which is a little disappointing. i am willing to bet that if the f-sport model comes to north america (left hand driver), it will have the same rectangular dead pedal as seen in oz-ct200h's post.
The oddly shaped pedals seem specific to the CT, so the pedals your order from Sewell are all square for IS so they aren't fulfilling orders with IS parts. Because the deadpedals for lefthand vehicles in the IS models are all square. But I would agree, I hope that the F-Sport models for Left hand drives get a square one instead of the odd shaped one, but I have my doubts because of all the corners they are cutting for pricing, probably just install similar parts for you.

·
Registered
164 Posts

How much was the kit and which one did you get ?

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How much was the kit and which one did you get ?
I got it directly from an Australian Wholesaler (Arco Imports).
This is their number 1300 775 359. Speak to Lex. I paid $200 delivered
I got the 35W H11 (Low beam) 6000K (Bulb).
You can chose from 4300 to 6000K but I wouldn't recommend going over 6K or under 4300K. 6000K is the most commonly sold bulb in the market, but it is a personal choice. You can see what mine looks like. If you order today, you get them tomorrow, so very quick overnight express delivery.

These guys supply the Australian automotive industry for HID kit fitouts and then the auto shops charge us $600 + for them

I don't believe in the cheap eBay/Internet $80 HID kits. You get what you pay for Steve. All kits appear identical on the outside, but the components used in them differ substantially. You also get 3 year warranty on these I think and this is real warranty unlike the eBay lifetime warranty jargon that never works out or takes way too long to process.

If we can fork out $50K for a car, I am not going to skimp on components used.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts