Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after purchasing on May 15th (Sunday) and sending via FedEx the check, paperwork and my Florida registration and new tag, finally, the car is being cleaned and prepped for shipment today and will be on the car carrier truck tomorrow for the long haul from Massachusetts to Florida. I must say the sales force I dealt with at Ira Lexus in Danver Mass was excellent. My salesgirl Jan kept in contact with me almost every day letting me know the status of what was happening. She told me she has a list of about 20 people who are looking to buy a new CT...the dealership, unlike other people have stated at other dealers, doesn't keep a customer's car that is sold to use as a test driver until another one comes in---I like that. She said she has had people ask her if they could buy my car...I still find it incredible that I happened to call on an early Sunday afternoon before the car was at the dealership and was told they had this car incoming with no deal on it and then it came in the next day. I would highly recommend them as a dealership.

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congrats, bondguy! Glad to hear you're finally getting your CT very soon.
So you sorta... phone/mail ordered your CT? Awesome!

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
It's been a long time coming :) Congrats!

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Great news man! Ha, too funny that's where you bought it from, I shopped & test drove there (Ira in Danvers), didn't deal with a girl though. Out of curiosity, what's the premium you're paying to have it shipped? Hope your CT arrives unscathed!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Great news man! Ha, too funny that's where you bought it from, I shopped & test drove there (Ira in Danvers), didn't deal with a girl though. Out of curiosity, what's the premium you're paying to have it shipped? Hope your CT arrives unscathed!
Hey, when did you test drive your car there? It is costing me about $1K to have it trucked down...I could have flown to Boston for about $200 one way and driven it back..but, I really don't want to spend 2 days driving and doing it all in a brand new car for that long a distance. If it were in somewhere like Georgia, I might have just driven it back. And, I hope it arrives in great condition too...it should as the manager told me he has used this trucking company on long hauls before.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Hey, when did you test drive your car there? It is costing me about $1K to have it trucked down...I could have flown to Boston for about $200 one way and driven it back..but, I really don't want to spend 2 days driving and doing it all in a brand new car for that long a distance. If it were in somewhere like Georgia, I might have just driven it back. And, I hope it arrives in great condition too...it should as the manager told me he has used this trucking company on long hauls before.
I went and checked it out mid/late March. At the time I really wasn't in the market for a new car just yet...wanted to get another 1-2 years out of my '04 G35. Just wanted to go check out the car in person and take it for a drive. After doing the math how much I would save in gas each year, I decided to pull the trigger early (but not early enough) and placed a special order mid-April (but at a different dealer).

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Got a call from the dealer who spoke to the trucking company...my new CT will arrive this Friday....the waiting is killing me...not as bad as when I was waiting for it to be built in Japan but knowing it's on its way down here is frickin' cool

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Do upload pix when (and, if possible, as) it arrives, please. I'm living vicariously. . . .
thanks bro'...I'm very excited..it's late afternoon Thursday right now, I'm waiting for the call from the truck driver to tell me what time tomorrow. I will take some pix for sure as he delivers my new car. They tell me definitely tomorrow on the delivery date...crossing my fingers everything is ok.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
thanks bro'...I'm very excited..it's late afternoon Thursday right now, I'm waiting for the call from the truck driver to tell me what time tomorrow. I will take some pix for sure as he delivers my new car. They tell me definitely tomorrow on the delivery date...crossing my fingers everything is ok.
The driver just called...it will be here in the morning...they call when they are 1 hour away so I can leave work to meet them. He tells me it's DIRTY...I expected that...so glad they detailed it at the Lexus dealer...my first impression of my car and it's covered in dirt...ARGH

·
Registered
48 Posts
Don't know how obsessive you are about swirls in your paint, but if I were you, I'd beg the dealership not to wash the car before delivery. All other prep steps, yes, but not washing. (Don't forget to have them turn off the back-up beep, unless you love being reminded that you're in reverse.)

For details, consult the happily insane bunch over at autopia.org, a detailing site. You needn't go as far as they do, but even I (a relatively normal car-care devotee) have personally experienced swirls created by dealerships.

Just a thought.

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Don't know how obsessive you are about swirls in your paint, but if I were you, I'd beg the dealership not to wash the car before delivery. All other prep steps, yes, but not washing. (Don't forget to have them turn off the back-up beep, unless you love being reminded that you're in reverse.)

For details, consult the happily insane bunch over at autopia.org, a detailing site. You needn't go as far as they do, but even I (a relatively normal car-care devotee) have personally experienced swirls created by dealerships.

Just a thought.
As far as washing the car, it was already done. The car comes with that white plastic protective film...they took that off and sometimes it's dull under it on the paint...some sort of protective waxy stuff...they prepped the car in Massachusetts...it is dirty and I will have the local car wash do it when I get the car tomorrow. It's a good wash (touchless) and never scratches the paint...been using them on my Audi's in the past and my current cars. As far as the backup alarm beeping, is that something I can turn off by options on the car or does the dealer have to do it? I'm asking because I didn't buy the car locally and if the dealer has to do it, I guess I can bring it in locally and have it done. As far as questions about the NAV or how to work stuff on the car (most is probably pretty easy), do you think my local dealer has an obligation to (or would they not want to) help me out with the NAV or anything else being that it is a new Lexus (purchased there or not)? I didn't buy the car up north because of price---only because they are so hard to get.

·
Registered
100 Posts
bondguy, have fun today. I hope the CT arrives in perfect, if dirty, condition.

I'm glad you mentioned meeting the truck - I have not received a call yet, but I have been thinking of meeting the truck (every time I drive by the dealership) and I thought I was going a little over the top!

1 - 13 of 13 Posts