Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello!

Minor problem with my CT: I have a Samsung S5230 that I can easily connect to the car BT, and for phone calls it works perfectly. As mentioned on the car owner manual, I should also be able to reproduce mp3 songs from the phone with the car stereo. So, I connect the BT, I go on audio, but the BT icon on the screen is inactive. I am not an expert of BT, but is it perhaps a problem coming from my phone that is not able to transmit the files to the car?

Thank you in advance for your answers.

·
Registered
270 Posts
This confused me too - until I connected the phone as a multimedia BT device as well as a phone.

Can't remember where I found it in the manual though - if you look for "Bluetooth" in the indices (owners manual or Nav if you have Nav) then it should point you in the right direction.

But the answer is - 2 steps to registering the phone with Bluetooth ... The car needs to know it as a Phone as well as a Multimedia Device.

·
Registered
270 Posts
That's right, found it. Thank you very much.
:D

If you get the problem where you're looking to stream audio from the phone (i.e. Internet radio) and the phone starts playing music (as well as internet radio) as soon as you connect it to the car ... can't help you there ! Could be just a quirk of my phone :cool: (Xperia X10i mini)

1 - 4 of 4 Posts