Lexus CT200h Forums banner

Mud Flaps

Tags
flaps mud
31K views 53 replies 23 participants last post by  cusco 
#1 ·
Has anyone installed mud flaps onto their CT? I can't find any Lexus OEM parts on the Sewell website; are these available across the pond? Just trying to keep the road debris i.e. tar, etc. off the sides of the car.

#3 ·
Sorry BostonGTR. I think this came up in another thread awhile back. At that time I don't think there were any available for the CT. I would like to get some but at this point I have not looked into them, if you find any please let us know

#5 · (Edited)
Has anyone installed mud flaps onto their CT? I can't find any Lexus OEM parts on the Sewell website; are these available across the pond? Just trying to keep the road debris i.e. tar, etc. off the sides of the car.
Still nothing available in the UK but with only 1000 cars registered to date I guess the manufacturers see this as not a large enough number to even think about it. They will probably come from Japan I guess when they do, keep pestering Lexus!!

So, will just have to avoid the puddles for now :)

Just found this

http://www.familycar.com/store/?Ntt=lexus+ct200h+mud+flaps&oes=true

They are not Lexus or OEM so have no idea what they could look like..............

#6 ·
I'd definitely be interested when something oem or at least made specifically for the CT becomes available.

#7 ·
lex - I've always had them on my prior cars too, but I'm a bit hesitant to get them on this lowered CT, I think they'll get trashed, no?

#14 ·
I think that Bob was referencing that he installed mudguards on his wife's Prius; not the CT. Bob, is that correct? I contacted my dealer and they indicated that they do not have a part number for mudguards for the CT. I then contact Lexus and requested that these be made available for the CT; they were courteous and took down my request but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on these from Lexus any time soon!

#19 ·
I'll join in. I'd like a set of color matched OEM.....

#20 ·
*bump

I recently saw a white CT around Markham/Richmondhill in Canada with mud gaurds installed. These wernt the universal ones (ex Rally Armor). They were molded to fit the rear bumper and fronts, paint matched and looked "OEM". I wonder if any users here have seen or any idea where this driver got them. I've also been calling dealers around the area and came up with no answers :(

#33 ·
CT200 h Lexus engineers were obsessed with achieving the best aero-dynamics and the lowest possible weight. Mud flaps would not help with either criteria, perhaps one reason why Lexus are not keen on them as an OEM accessory. If mud flaps were fitted to a CT, they would perhaps best be the solid moulded plastic, low profile type or they are going to very easily scrape.

P.S. Golly gosh, you Americans are aggressive folk - have you tried Zoloft, y'all? Just sayin'.

#35 ·
actually i'm from Canada. if you couldn't read the name adidascanada is also from... um.. Canada

Lexus isn't always right. For example, the rubber cargo liner is not available in Canada as it is in the US. with the amount of rain and muck we get in Canada it would make sense for Lexus to offer that accessory here.

as for weight, the CT is heavier than the Prius it's cousin even though the CT is shorter. Lexus cares more about luxury than weight. it is possible the "obsessive" Lexus engineers deliberately left out the mud flap accessory. or it was simply an oversight like not offering the cargo liner in Canada.

PS: wanting to keep your car clean doesn't make you aggressive. nobody is planning to take their CT offroad. it's just a pain to keep cleaning the sides of the car. good for you that you don't have that problem living in Britain (that's close to Australia, right. No. well. close enough).

#47 ·
Weathertech has no-drill mud flaps for certain cars that seems easy to install and no need to take the wheels off. They don't currently have them for the CT, but I think if there are enough interest, they will customize and sell them, so I signed in and requested, anyone else interested can do the same. Here is the link to request:

Product Request Form | Product Request Form | WeatherTech.com
I just did for 2015 CT

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.