Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 54 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Has anyone installed mud flaps onto their CT? I can't find any Lexus OEM parts on the Sewell website; are these available across the pond? Just trying to keep the road debris i.e. tar, etc. off the sides of the car.

·
Registered
237 Posts
Sorry BostonGTR. I think this came up in another thread awhile back. At that time I don't think there were any available for the CT. I would like to get some but at this point I have not looked into them, if you find any please let us know

·
Registered
76 Posts
I would be interested in getting some when they come out. They keep the sides cleaner and help prevent rock chips. Please keep us updated if you find some.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Has anyone installed mud flaps onto their CT? I can't find any Lexus OEM parts on the Sewell website; are these available across the pond? Just trying to keep the road debris i.e. tar, etc. off the sides of the car.
Still nothing available in the UK but with only 1000 cars registered to date I guess the manufacturers see this as not a large enough number to even think about it. They will probably come from Japan I guess when they do, keep pestering Lexus!!

So, will just have to avoid the puddles for now :)

Just found this

http://www.familycar.com/store/?Ntt=lexus+ct200h+mud+flaps&oes=true

They are not Lexus or OEM so have no idea what they could look like..............

·
Registered
152 Posts
I'd definitely be interested when something oem or at least made specifically for the CT becomes available.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
lex - I've always had them on my prior cars too, but I'm a bit hesitant to get them on this lowered CT, I think they'll get trashed, no?

·
Registered
152 Posts
lex - I've always had them on my prior cars too, but I'm a bit hesitant to get them on this lowered CT, I think they'll get trashed, no?
I doubt that would be the case. We're not slammed, so it would be fine for normal driving.

·
Registered
283 Posts
They have them for the Prius (they have European & US styles on Prius Chat) and I put them on the wifes car and she hasn't had a problem.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I doubt that would be the case. We're not slammed, so it would be fine for normal driving.
Have you driven on roads under construction here in MA? I broke a mud guard on my last car (I was lowered, but not as low as this) due to a pavement transition at road construction. Just some food for thought.

·
Registered
152 Posts
Have you driven on roads under construction here in MA? I broke a mud guard on my last car (I was lowered, but not as low as this) due to a pavement transition at road construction. Just some food for thought.
My past two cars were dumped on coilovers and I have bottomed out once or twice, but as long as we're aware of our crappy streets around here, we'll be ok I guess. I'd run the risk.

·
Registered
30 Posts
They have them for the Prius (they have European & US styles on Prius Chat) and I put them on the wifes car and she hasn't had a problem.
Hi bob! Which Prius mudguard did you install in the ct? Us or euro? Where did you buy them from? Prius Chat?

Easy install?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I think that Bob was referencing that he installed mudguards on his wife's Prius; not the CT. Bob, is that correct? I contacted my dealer and they indicated that they do not have a part number for mudguards for the CT. I then contact Lexus and requested that these be made available for the CT; they were courteous and took down my request but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting on these from Lexus any time soon!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Hi bob! Which Prius mudguard did you install in the ct? Us or euro? Where did you buy them from? Prius Chat?

Easy install?
AS Boston GTR stated I installed them on the wife's Prius. Hoping that Europe see's them and then we can order as they did with the Prius.

·
Registered
283 Posts
Euro

·
Registered
35 Posts
I'll join in. I'd like a set of color matched OEM.....

·
Registered
11 Posts
*bump

I recently saw a white CT around Markham/Richmondhill in Canada with mud gaurds installed. These wernt the universal ones (ex Rally Armor). They were molded to fit the rear bumper and fronts, paint matched and looked "OEM". I wonder if any users here have seen or any idea where this driver got them. I've also been calling dealers around the area and came up with no answers :(

1 - 20 of 54 Posts