Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK, so we all love our CTs. No surprise. I've had mine about a week.
Filled up the tank this am, reset the trip odometer, and started out on my leisurely, long commute (about 60 miles 1 way).
I drive gently and in eco mode with cruise control on most of the time at about 65mph.
Near my destination, at a light I started clicking thru the display options to check my MPG.

See the pics, can this possibly be accurate, or is something wrong?

Notice I burned about 1-2 notches on the fuel gauge.

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
After having my CT200H Premium for over a year my real world average is 47-48 mpg 8-9 months out of the year and 44mpg during colder months. The other thing that i found a major effect is rolling friction. That being if it is raining a lot when you are driving the road resistance is higher and it will affect the gas mileage. The gauge estimate is about 2-3mpg higher than the actual. I still do not see very many CT200H cars on the road in the D.C. and MD area. Thought there would be more sold. Maybe sales are better in other parts of the country.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Not a glitch,your just doing well. My highest tank yielded me 60.1 on the car,so it can be done

·
Registered
609 Posts
You need to reset your AVG MPG after you got the car, or it will be funky for the first 500 miles. Mine was the other way around, it shows 23 MPG for a week or so until I reset it. Whatever the manufacturer did to the car messed up the avg.

·
Registered
516 Posts
You can go to the site Fuelly.com and log your car in...I always fill my car up and snap a couple of pix on the iPhone of the gas pump showing gallons used and price/gallon..then take one of the mileage on the car...log it in when I get home...I think there is an app you can do it from your phone but I don't have time to learn that stuff...the car does show exactly 3 MPG higher than what it actually is consistently for me...my car is showing 52.6 currently as of today which I know is only 49.6 MPG (still not too bad for a car that is supposed to average between highway and city only about 42 MPG). I use ECO mode most of the time and watch the way I drive...at red lights, I coast from far away if I see it turn before I get to it. I currently have almost 17,000 miles total on my car and in two weeks it will be a year old. I don't see that many here in S Florida (Ft Lauderdale area) but when i do see them, mostly I see white ones first...some silver ones and also the same as mine, black ones. I have yet to see a yellow one on the road. Sometimes, I also see the red colored ones too.

·
Registered
609 Posts
Heh some of you need to click OP's pictures. He wasn't asking why he got 65 MPG. He was asking why the current tank shows 65 MPG, but the AVG MPG in the first picture is showing 71.6 MPG.

The reason I think is either it came from the factory with a very high AVG MPG (~75) set while testing. Or at the dealer, many people test drove it and they all use EV mode most of the time making the AVG MPG very high for the first tank of gas. That's why OP should reset the AVG MPG and start over to get some good readings.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I reset my "Average" screen after my first fill-up, should I be resetting that after every fill up, or not?
You could - and if you have Nav, then you'll get a different bar on "Past Record" for each time you do it.

Personally though, I've been resetting the "Average" (and therefore getting another Past Record bar) once a month. If I did it on every fill up, I wouldn't get any extra info on top of what the Avg MPG on the screen with the instantaneous mpg bar. So I do it month by month instead.

Your choice :D

PS Original question - the two AVG Mpg bars aren't linked. The one with the instantaneous bar resets on every fill up. The one with just AVG Mpg resets when you tell it to by holding in DISP with it selected. So there could easily be some delivery/factory miles weirdness going on there that's given the AVG Mpg calc some free miles to play with that happened before the last fill up.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts