Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Had a mouse get into the car a while and no issues. But he returned the other night. Little bits of insulation in the passenger footwell. When we went to drive it, dash shows hybrid system failure. Won't go into park or sport mode. I'm somewhat certain the mouse ate through a wire up in there. However, last night, the dog was staring intently at the passenger front tire for an hour, so it may also be a wheel speed sensor wire. Any idea of the least intrusive way to get into the dash? Going to autozone today to read the fault codes.

BTW, Is this the best subforum for this post?

·
Registered
23 Posts
Had a mouse get into the car a while and no issues. But he returned the other night. Little bits of insulation in the passenger footwell. When we went to drive it, dash shows hybrid system failure. Won't go into park or sport mode. I'm somewhat certain the mouse ate through a wire up in there. However, last night, the dog was staring intently at the passenger front tire for an hour, so it may also be a wheel speed sensor wire. Any idea of the least intrusive way to get into the dash? Going to autozone today to read the fault codes.

BTW, Is this the best subforum for this post?
Mouse got into the car and no issues?? The mouse itself was an issue and it was not supposed to enter the car/underneath the car/engine bay etc.. Once it bite any of the wiring harness, then u r doomed. It will cause massive/major repair if the wiring is tripped and it may even cause fire.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Mouse got into the car and no issues?? The mouse itself was an issue and it was not supposed to enter the car/underneath the car/engine bay etc.. Once it bite any of the wiring harness, then u r doomed. It will cause massive/major repair if the wiring is tripped and it may even cause fire.
No issues when it happened months ago. This time it did. It's covered by insurance. At the dealer right now being written up. Said to expect at least $7,000.

·
Registered
2015 eminent white pearl
329 Posts
No issues when it happened months ago. This time it did. It's covered by insurance. At the dealer right now being written up. Said to expect at least $7,000.
Dammmmn, if it happens to me I'm making sure it chews on every seat and the steering wheel too

·
Registered
23 Posts
Wow.. Thats a huge amount. U're lucky it is covered by ur insurance. Try being more careful i the future then.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Dammmmn, if it happens to me I'm making sure it chews on every seat and the steering wheel too
I don't know if that's entirely necessary. Repair quote was $8,500. It was living in the cabin filter box, so it probably got in by the fresh air intake. Many chewed wires around it.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Wow.. Thats a huge amount. U're lucky it is covered by ur insurance. Try being more careful i the future then.
It got in by the fresh air intake and made the cabin filter box it's home base. Not sure how to avoid that. Also not sure how we didn't smell it. AC is always on recirc, so maybe that's why.

·
Registered
23 Posts
It got in by the fresh air intake and made the cabin filter box it's home base. Not sure how to avoid that. Also not sure how we didn't smell it. AC is always on recirc, so maybe that's why.
Hu hu.. I'll better check mine soon. Never had a probs with mouse actually as my house is surrounded by cats.. Wasnt mine.. Neighbours.. But they helps in term of geeting rids of rodents.. :ROFLMAO:

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
So the car is totaled. With the bumper damage from my dog trying to get at the mouse the total was $10,500. I was considering fixing it, but there's one branch of the harness that's an inch in diameter and all fine gauge wires. Lot's of damage there. Spoke to a professional and he said he'd fix it, but I'd eventually regret it. Said if it was his car, he wouldn't do it. Supposedly Toyota and Lexus harnesses have something in the insulation that's derived from soybean oil. Amazon has an anti mouse wire spray that I'm buying for all the cars.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts