Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi-
I'm on the verge of buying a used CT and haven't had a lot of seat time in those with navigation/mouse controller. From those with experience, is frequent radio-station changing easier than it seemed on my first test drive --once you get used to it, or is is imprecise and annoying? We tend to switch stations between XM and terrestrial radio often and i love a good ol' preset which isn't an option with navi-equipped cars. There are the steering wheel controls but from our Sienna, I can say to me, Toyota's aren't intuitive. What do you long term owners think? Thanks for your perspective!

·
Registered
33 Posts
I have a 2012 MY. The interface is different than the 2013+, and I can’t speak for those model years.

In the 2011 and 2012 models, the “mouse” is similar to using a mouse on a desktop computer with the click buttons on the left and right (both produce the same function, there is no left click or right click). It’s intuitive if you’ve used computers before.

The mouse pointer is a finger that snaps to the center of the button when you near it. You’ll feel it snap in the “mouse” as a brief vibration.

·
Registered
42 Posts
Short answer: you get used to it.

You can change the order of the media icons, so you can hit the mode or radio button to cycle through them in a preferred order. Also, I Heart Radio and Slacker are considered radio stations, so continuing to hit the radio buttons will cycle through XM/FM/AM/I Heart Radio/Slacker. You can do it quickly, as long as you keep the count straight. I don't think you can delete any of the options, or I'd definitely can AM and Slacker.

I tend to flip between XM and Bluetooth Audio, so I set those two next to each other. I hit Mode on the steering wheel to flip to BT, and then I hit Radio on the console to go back to XM. Or you can always mouse click the SOURCE button at the top.

·
Registered
42 Posts
I didn't think to say it before, but you can also use a voice command to say Sirius XM or FM Radio. I'm pushing 50, so talking to the car just seems idiotic...

·
Registered
1 Posts
Since we're in this subject, do you guys know if we can use a newer mouse control? I am not sure if they are all just plug and play. I know the newer Lexus has a flat mouse track. It'll be cool if I can use it!

·
Registered
42 Posts
Since we're in this subject, do you guys know if we can use a newer mouse control? I am not sure if they are all just plug and play. I know the newer Lexus has a flat mouse track. It'll be cool if I can use it!
I seriously doubt they are compatible.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts