Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
I haven't seen the MotorWeek show but it seems like the written review is pretty fair. It's certainly a lot fairer than any other car-mag review I've seen. The problem with most car-mags is they're usually written by johnny-racer types that would much rather be reviewing an R8 or 458 Italia and don't think much about what a particular car is "supposed" to be and/or do. Thus you get rather foolish (IMHO) complaints about slow acceleration or lack of top-end speed when reviewing a hybrid (Duh!) or how it doesn't stack up to non-hybrid cars in certain areas (Double Duh!).

MotorWeek is a lot more sensible in their reviews and that what stands them apart. I do think that any criticisms of seat comfort are a bit suspect since the diversity of body types is essentially endless and unless you're going to do race-car style seat molding you'll always have people that don't fit. I initially took a bit of issue with the claims of low luxury in this Lexus and if you compare it with other (more expensive) models I can see where this one might fall a bit short but when you look at the class of car this is I doubt you'll find better in any other similar sized vehicle ( I haven't). That's where the comparisons need to be made.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.