Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Hmm... are the seats really that bad? I find the seats pretty ergonomic and comfortable. Sure, they aren't as cushy as other models that cost 10K more, but maybe that's exactly it...they wanted to keep the costs down. But, in my opinion, it is certainly not enough to whine about. I don't find any common shortcomings of this car to bother me at all. In fact, I think they are a bit nit picky; just looking for any reason to say anything negative.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Hmm... are the seats really that bad? I find the seats pretty ergonomic and comfortable. Sure, they aren't as cushy as other models that cost 10K more, but maybe that's exactly it...they wanted to keep the costs down. But, in my opinion, it is certainly not enough to whine about. I don't find any common shortcomings of this car to bother me at all. In fact, I think they are a bit nit picky; just looking for any reason to say anything negative.
More than likely, the tester was plus sized. Good seats always get complaints from people that are too big to fit in them. Being a small, thin guy, I'm thrilled with the CT seats because I actually get some support out of them instead of hanging onto the steering wheel to keep myself from sliding side to side.

·
Registered
267 Posts
More than likely, the tester was plus sized. Good seats always get complaints from people that are too big to fit in them. Being a small, thin guy, I'm thrilled with the CT seats because I actually get some support out of them instead of hanging onto the steering wheel to keep myself from sliding side to side.
I think you are absolutely right about that. Right when I read your post I had flashback images of all these reviewers I've seen in so many videos, and they all don't really seem to be quite "fit" for the CT. Either they are plus sized or pretty tall and big.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I think you are absolutely right about that. Right when I read your post I had flashback images of all these reviewers I've seen in so many videos, and they all don't really seem to be quite "fit" for the CT. Either they are plus sized or pretty tall and big.
Wow, i am 6'3" and 325, and I fit. Admittedly, I really did not want the sunroof, but I still drive 3-4 hours a day in it. The funny thing is you never know how a car will fit you, my Audi TT roadster fit like it was custom made, yet we traded our A4 for a Q5 partly because I felt cramped.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Whoever wrote the article needs a refresher in grammar!

"The front passenger seat is WORST with only manual controls and minimal lower back support."

·
Registered
98 Posts
Has it even aired yet?
If the schedule on the Motor Week website is correct, the televised test of the CT should begin airing next week here in the Bay Area. This week Motor Week tested the Cadillac CTS-V Wagon and the Nissan Quest.

I know from prior experience that the text in the written road test is exactly what John Davis will say about the CT on the TV show because he uses it as his script. At least that has been the case with numerous prior tests.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Just watched this episode today, and, yes, as bilmat advised, the written review was word-for-word the script. They tested a Matador Red that sure looked sharp navigating their course.

·
Registered
199 Posts
More than likely, the tester was plus sized. Good seats always get complaints from people that are too big to fit in them.
This ^

I watched another review where two guys average-sized were test driving one for a day, and one of them didn't like much of anything about the car surprisingly, but they both agreed the seat and steering wheel were fantastic.

·
Registered
414 Posts
Saw the show on Sat. Sure had a 'negative' feel to it. Too bad.

·
Registered
83 Posts
I haven't seen the MotorWeek show but it seems like the written review is pretty fair. It's certainly a lot fairer than any other car-mag review I've seen. The problem with most car-mags is they're usually written by johnny-racer types that would much rather be reviewing an R8 or 458 Italia and don't think much about what a particular car is "supposed" to be and/or do. Thus you get rather foolish (IMHO) complaints about slow acceleration or lack of top-end speed when reviewing a hybrid (Duh!) or how it doesn't stack up to non-hybrid cars in certain areas (Double Duh!).

MotorWeek is a lot more sensible in their reviews and that what stands them apart. I do think that any criticisms of seat comfort are a bit suspect since the diversity of body types is essentially endless and unless you're going to do race-car style seat molding you'll always have people that don't fit. I initially took a bit of issue with the claims of low luxury in this Lexus and if you compare it with other (more expensive) models I can see where this one might fall a bit short but when you look at the class of car this is I doubt you'll find better in any other similar sized vehicle ( I haven't). That's where the comparisons need to be made.

·
Registered
121 Posts
I have gotten compliments from every person that has sat in my CT about how great the seats are. It seems too that they rag on the Nulux material but if I am not mistaken both BMW and Audi use synthetic leather on all but their top trim lines for each model? I think I have only read one review where the author mentions that the fabrication of the Nulux material is better for the environment compared to other synthetic materials.
If there is a positive at least these critics push the manufacturers to continously improve their product which benefits us the paying customer.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts