Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello,

I apologize ahead of time if there is already a thread for this.

After having the car for two months, I've noticed sometimes while the car is idling, I suddenly hear the motor kick up as if it's revving and it's a noticible rumble in the car and foot paddles. I guess I've been spoiled with the quiet motor, but it seems sporadic for it to suddenly come up. I can understand if I was revving or moving, but this is idling, practically parked. Another time, the car was parked, except the engine was on for the AC.

Does it have to do with the battery, regenetitive brakes, AC, or something else that might've required the car to recharge the battery.

·
Registered
842 Posts
Hello,

I apologize ahead of time if there is already a thread for this.

After having the car for two months, I've noticed sometimes while the car is idling, I suddenly hear the motor kick up as if it's revving and it's a noticible rumble in the car and foot paddles. I guess I've been spoiled with the quiet motor, but it seems sporadic for it to suddenly come up. I can understand if I was revving or moving, but this is idling, practically parked. Another time, the car was parked, except the engine was on for the AC.

Does it have to do with the battery, regenetitive brakes, AC, or something else that might've required the car to recharge the battery.
If it's idling, the motor is already running. I guess I don't understand what the problem is. The ICE will come on whenever it is needed for either propulsion or charging. It won't warn you. You use some terms interchangeably and what exactly is a foot paddle? The Internal Combustion Engine will come on also when it is cold (but probably not in the summer time) just so it is ready to start immediately when needed so if it gets too cold it will warm up the ICE and then shut off. Shouldn't have anything to do with the regenerative brakes, except that if the propulsion battery is low, it will kick on. Sorry if I misunderstood your question.

232 Posts
tyraelphantom: Your hybrid management system is doing exactly doing what it was designed to do. There is an initial "burn in" time for all the complicated electronic components to be comfortable with themselves. It may be rough at beginning but eventually it will smooth out nicely. There is a quite sophisticated diagnostic sofware built in where the dealer can easily find out any ailments that may be afflicting your CT, which btw, is based on the ultra durable hybrid system used in the Prius. The 2ZR engine is used for propulsion as well as to re-charge the traction battery by the inverter/converter; and this is done at any mode, i.e. while in motion or while you are standing by. Just enjoy your new baby, and you will find out she is quite sturdy girl.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts