Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wonder what the most popular colour (color) is.
Has anyone conducted a survey among members here?
I've got a silver F-Sports.

·
Registered
441 Posts
Last time this got an airing on the forum, it was white. I've got a 'Flame Blue' F-Sport. 'Flame Blue' cars go faster and are more economical.

·
Registered
71 Posts
In Australia its now onyx (black). Its the only colour that Lexus from January 2013 don't charge extra for. All other colours are over $1000 US on the CT and $1500 on the RX.
It's bad enough we pay double the US prices for the cars but this adds insult to injury.

·
Registered
441 Posts
In Australia its now onyx (black). Its the only colour that Lexus from January 2013 don't charge extra for. All other colours are over $1000 US on the CT and $1500 on the RX.
It's bad enough we pay double the US prices for the cars but this adds insult to injury.
Quite, right. Ocker. Lexus used to boast that many items including 'premium' paint were standard on Lexus but extra on other premium cars. I guess we'll have to haggle harder.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I just picked up my 2013 CT200h F Sport, i got the new 2013 Pearl White which is only available on the F Sport here in Australia. This colour isn't even on there website yet.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I just picked up my 2013 CT200h F Sport, i got the new 2013 Pearl White which is only available on the F Sport here in Australia. This colour isn't even on there website yet.
White Pearl has always been available. I think you are referring to White Nova, which is exclusive to the F-Sports model.

·
Registered
609 Posts
I think white is the most popular color I have seen. And I have only seen one yellow on the street in the 1+ year that I have owned my CT.

·
Registered
74 Posts
As usual I think the most popular color is Silver & White.. and I own Silver Lining Metallic CT.. And I love it.. :)

·
Registered
105 Posts
Here in the European Union its the white that I'm seeing the most (like for prius) i guess because its the color of innocence & non-pollution.
Dark & light greys come after, then black i guess.
But I've seen blue, brown and black too.

Check my signature for mine. After ten days of heavy snow, heavy rain cleaned my Spaceship from toxic Salt and color looks great once again !) Dark grey is a bit blueish and looks great with 17" light grey rims.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I mainly see alot of gray and black CTs here in the Carolinas. I love the look of a clean black ride but it never stays that way! My previous vehicle was black with a black leather interior. It looked great but it was hell to keep clean and even with the cooled seats, it was way too hot in the summer. My CT is starfire pearl by the way :cool:

·
Registered
22 Posts
I got my new CT last night from Longo Lexus. I got the "Fire Agate Pearl". This is the only color they have in their huge lot. Love this color. :cool:

·
Registered
371 Posts
My CT is silver!

·
Registered
324 Posts
In my neck of the woods I have another person with Red. I have seen a few of each color.
That being said, the only one that I have seen the least and only one time was the Yellow in 2012.

·
Registered
679 Posts
It looked great but it was hell to keep clean
AMEN to that. I have to use my duster every single day on the back of the car, and wash it weekly to keep my Obsidian CT looking good. I have found though that spending 1 hour washing the car once per week is a good way to help me unwind. I do it right when I get home from work on Friday and it's not too bad with some tunes playing in the garage and a beer. :)

·
Registered
352 Posts
I use process of elmination to come up with silver as my choice, even though there are so many silver cars. I wanted a light color car so that it looks clean longer. It rarely rains between March and November in Northern California so my car looks fairly clean for 4-5 weeks without washing. Also if I get rock chips and light scratch you can't really see it unless you're inches away. Paint touch up blends in easily.

These are just my own opinion:

Red - Have red on my other car, looks great when wash and waxed, but over the years the paint oxidizes and dulls.
Black - Also looks great after wash and wax but swirl marks and scratches are easy to see dust and dirt easily seen also.
Nebula gray - Nice color but too dark.
Fire Agate - Unique color but too dark.
Starfire Pearl - Would've been my second choice

·
Registered
371 Posts
I use process of elmination to come up with silver as my choice, even though there are so many silver cars. I wanted a light color car so that it looks clean longer. It rarely rains between March and November in Northern California so my car looks fairly clean for 4-5 weeks without washing. Also if I get rock chips and light scratch you can't really see it unless you're inches away. Paint touch up blends in easily.

These are just my own opinion:

Red - Have red on my other car, looks great when wash and waxed, but over the years the paint oxidizes and dulls.
Black - Also looks great after wash and wax but swirl marks and scratches are easy to see dust and dirt easily seen also.
Nebula gray - Nice color but too dark.
Fire Agate - Unique color but too dark.
Starfire Pearl - Would've been my second choice
Silver is a great choice! All three of my cars are silver and you're so right, they look cleaner longer.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts