Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm wondering if it would be a good idea to add more categories to the General Discussion area. It seems that "General Discussion" alone has 300% more threads than the other categories. I find it quite difficult to search for specifics with so many different topics overwhelming them. Sure, there is a search feature, but some times it's not all about searching specifics. Sometimes you want to look under a category and see what's up lately.

Some ideas...

Parts & Accessories Discussion... Intro to new items, Sources & Reviews

DIY and "How To's"... Members can share their hard work and experiences with others...how they installed or fixed parts, electronics, custom work, etc.

And much more, of course.

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
:) Good thinking
I think with the more people that join, there should be an expansion within the categories. Another I have suggested previously is adding area categories i.e. Europe, Asia & Australia, North America so that members can discuss area related issues such as ordering parts, and because there is differences in models sold in those areas.

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
What suggestions do you have for sub topics?
A "How To" section that can be locked.

This would be a reference by topic for Forum members that details how to perform mods, installations etc..

Thanks

·
Registered
267 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
In my first post, I mentioned two that have to do with products/accessories and a DIY/How To. It'd be nice to have a "sticky thread" in the DIY that lists part and product numbers, schematics/diagrams, etc. Maybe with that there'd be no need for products/accessories sections; just review/discuss them under the DIY section.

So... "DIY work, mod's, How-To's, parts lists, schematics/diagrams, new products/accessories, reviews, ...share ideas"

·
Registered
98 Posts
I for one am very satisfied with the "Today's Posts" link on the left side of the page:

Site Navigation > Forum > Today's Posts.

It shows me all the threads from the various forums that have been updated since my last log-in and allows me to choose those I want to review. If any changes are made to this site, I hope to Administrator leaves that feature as it is as I'm a firm believer in the concept of "Don't Fix What Ain't Broke."

1 - 7 of 7 Posts