1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
2013 CT200H F-Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey everyone.
I need some help with my moonroof.
Its now stuck open.
Any suggestions on what to do to get it to shut?

Its been doing this a bit lately and the passenger side has been pulling in UNevenly with the drivers side.
The way around that was to guide it in, by hand, by pushing the passenger side forward, while holding the button.
Now, nothing I'm trying is working.
The motor DOES work though....I can hear it skipping the gears, as if something is jammed.
Obviously suggesting to manually close it wont work, because if the motor isnt catching the gearing, then doing it manually wont either.
I cant pull the glass out or push it in like I was able to previously.
I also cant find any videos on this happening to anyone or how to get it to shut...

- Help

Attachments

· Super Moderator
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
455 Posts
I have never seen this problem before though. I wonder if something in the gearing or motoring has broken. Maybe some missing teeth? Only thing I could know to suggest would be to take it completely apart. The whole ceiling headliner would have to be removed to gain access to the moonroof bolts, and then the moon roof can come out of the car, and then be taken apart in a garage. Only then can you find the source of the trouble and replace any needed parts.

· Registered
2013 CT200H F-Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Maybe due to it having issues with sliding on a bad angle, its stripped some teeth... but .... if that WAS the case, then surely I can force it down to close it....

· Registered
2013 CT200H F-Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The motor works, but I can hear the teeth skipping now. I have no money to fix it, so I've had to put plastic over it and tape it all up.
Looks awful.

· Registered
2013 CT200H F-Sport
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I now see through the design of the setup, I probably CAN manually turn the gearing mechanism to close the sunroof.
So, how do you open the button section? Does this pop down from the roof lining or do I need to rip the entire roof lining out?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts