Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Quiting a nespaper clip:

"Hybrids have proved more popular in corporate and government fleets but even fleet managers have been reluctant to adopt green cars in large numbers.... said fears about battery deterioration and range problems were compounded by concerns that hybrid and electric cars would plummet in value after three or four years...the feedback is fairly consistent and fairly strong. There is a lot of anxiety about residual value..."

This is at least outside the US and Britain which gets heavy subsidy.

It's time to change this mistaken perception.

·
Registered
441 Posts
I was told by a guy that if I took my car through a car wash I would be electrocuted. I've also been told that the battery dies after about three years and costs $20,000 to replace. You can't go anywhere because you have to plug it in. In summer you get baked and in winter you freeze because the air-con/heater stop when the ICE engine stops.

No-one out there seems to know very much about the Lexus/Toyota Hybrid System but that doesn't stop them peddling their bullish*t.

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm in the US too. Before I bought my car I started paying attention to how many hybrids I see on the road. Well, Priuses are all over the place. And I see other brands of hybrids too. I even see Coke delivery trucks that are hybrid. The only question people ever asked me was "where do I plug it in?" So I explained that I don't plug it in that it a is a hybrid and not a pure electric. But I haven't heard any of that other nonsense about them.

·
Registered
270 Posts
I've heard them all from various people at work and otherwise when I let on that I have the hybrid.

What convinced me when I was checking out the CT (and Prius and CR-Z) were the reports from the Lexus Owners Club UK forums. Over there, questions about battery life were met with "nah - doesn't happen - batteries are rock solid in the car and then industry nabs them after the car's too far gone".

Battery issues are (unless Toyota are indulging in Apple level conspiracy theory) unheard of :). And the rest of the CT is pretty darn solid too - best car I've owned of the 7 so far :D

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.