Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 56 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
[SUP]With my 12th visit to the shop coming up tomorrow in as many months owning my CT, it may mark the end of of having a Lexus in the garage. I was going to wait until the Lincoln MKC hit the market but I might just get behind the wheel of a Ford Escape instead. I have never had a car with as many problems as this CT. I have been disappointed time and time again with this car but all I will miss is he looks.[/SUP]

·
Registered
990 Posts
Sorry to hear. Seems like you got a lemon. Every car manufacturer is capable of producing them, Lexus just has fewer per volume. I haven't had a single issue with my CT or any of the three other Lexus's I've owned. Since this is your first Lexus I can see how it'd leave a bad taste in your mouth.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
842 Posts
I don't think your experience is the norm, it certainly hasn't been my experience. In fact, the quality of my CT200 is far better (and the service is too), than my Ford Products, including Lincoln and I always got excellent response from the dealers because I used to do some of their national legal work. All cars are imperfect. My CT is as good as any I have had. Sorry for your troubles.

·
Registered
371 Posts
As much as I don't like my CT for various reasons or the dealership I go to, I've never had any mechanical problems with my car. It's been a solid and dependable car. Sorry to hear about your troubles, gsbutton.

·
Registered
200 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Booking car for its 7th visit to the dealer this week. Can forgive the car for its multiple problems but have to admit the creakimg dash with its intermittent rattles are very frustrating.
CT simply not the Lexus quality of the IS 250 loaner I drove. The IS was rock solid and very quiet.
Have to admit the new Mercedes CLA (A class) looks very appealing as a replacement for the CT. More powerful and cheaper. Go figure?

·
Registered
200 Posts
5 times were for broken latches and recalls, 7 for rattles and loose parts.
can you be more specific? there were 2 recalls on the car, I had them done on my own...no big deal, things happen, on ALL MANUFACTURERS...Rattles and loose parts? I've yet to see a CT at my dealer come in for a rattle...there was a manufacturing issue with the passenger door handle, and also the latch on the center console....no big deal...'

perhaps you have not been treated well at your dealer?

did you contact Lexus Corporate or claim Lemon Law?

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I have had both recalls done, as well as both service bulletins. But I had to take it in twice for one of the bulletins because they said they didn't hear the problem. I have had rattles from the passenger door, glove compartment, the dash, and the drivers side B pillar. Finally the center console latch broke. The Lemon Law in WI is having to go back four times for the same problem or having the car in service for 30 days of the first year, so my car does not qualify as a lemon.

I went in today to get the Escape and they said my CT was worth $26k. A $38k MSRP with 14k on the odo. I can hate the car as much as I want, but it just doesn't make financial sense to get rid of it yet. :(

·
Registered
371 Posts
I went in today to get the Escape and they said my CT was worth $26k. A $38k MSRP with 14k on the odo. I can hate the car as much as I want, but it just doesn't make financial sense to get rid of it yet. :(
I'm in the same boat as you, gsbutton. I can't afford to get rid of my CT either. You'd think with higher gas prices our CTs would be worth more. Guess the CTs just don't have good resale value. :(

·
Registered
842 Posts
You are almost always going to lose if you try to trade in at a competing brand's dealership. They don't want the CT on their used car lot so they will probably wholesale it. Call around, I bet you can get one of those national mega car dealerships to buy it for more than that. Isn't it Autonation that says they will buy your car, even if you don't buy from them? If not them, one of those gargantuan places.

·
Registered
69 Posts
That reminds me of my 2010 Prius... But since I had to come to the dealer 7 times for the same issue (they did not find the broken part that made the knocking noise), they finally let me dump it. (Well, a lawyer's letter did the rest.)

·
Registered
40 Posts
Same boat here - I am getting $26,500 as the highest trade-in quote for my 2012 CT200h F-Sport SE with $19,300 on it. Seems like it went down in value a lot. Like you think it would do better with the higher gas prices.

I'm in the same boat as you, gsbutton. I can't afford to get rid of my CT either. You'd think with higher gas prices our CTs would be worth more. Guess the CTs just don't have good resale value. :(

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Don and DVB, Lexus also just put out a $3k dealer rebate on the CT which, as we all know, totally helps resale value.

·
Registered
200 Posts
have you called Lexus Customer Satisfaction to voice your situation? 1-800-255-3987

·
Registered
40 Posts
You mean hurts resale value- right? I was getting the $26,500 quote before the rebate came out. So, at least in my area, the CT has not held its value well.

Don and DVB, Lexus also just put out a $3k dealer rebate on the CT which, as we all know, totally helps resale value.

·
Registered
53 Posts
It sucks to see how you guys feel about the CT. I really like our CT. Anyway - if you have a CarMax nearby they will give you a quote for what they will buy your car for and the quote is good for 30 days or something like that - so you can actually think it over and SHOP around. That is where I first noticed the CT200h - it was advertised at a local CarMax. I didn't buy from there since I got the same price they were asking from the Lexus dealer on a brand new one, but it seemed like a cool idea that they would purchase your car with no strings attached. At the very least, it is worth a try.

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
TSoprano, I have not. I will get on that this week. This has really been the worst car I have ever bought and I am sad to say it has left a very bitter taste in my mouth about Lexus. This was my first time going up market, I have owned 5 Fords and a Triumph and I am really not sure about the luxury market anymore. We can now get all the luxury items with a standard brand now.

BIG E, while CarMax does do this, it would negate the trade in factor of not paying taxes on what the trade in is worth. Since I am looking at a new Escape SEL it would mean I have to then pay taxes on the whole vehicle instead of just the difference.

DBV, I was trying to be sarcastic with that "helping resale" bit. But ya, I know your pain. It sucks.

·
Registered
371 Posts
I still have my CT200h but I did buy a new Infiniti. What a difference! I received an initial customer satisfaction survey from Infiniti, then another one after two weeks concerning my dealership satisfaction/experience and yet another vehicle satisfaction survey after three months after owning the vehicle. I also received one phone call from Infiniti Corp thanking me for my purchase and to see if I was happy with my new vehicle. Now that's customer satisfaction at its best! With Lexus, I received one initial new car survey that I filled out and did not give a very favorable review of the dealership or the car -- never heard a word back from Lexus or the dealership. I guess Lexus just wants to hear good things concerning their cars. I've received no follow-up on how I like the vehicle after owning it a while. I'm done!

1 - 20 of 56 Posts