Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

This is my first post - good to know there's a forum for us CT owners. I recently took ownership of a UK CT200h Advance model with the standard audio setup (I believe this is 6 speakers). I've noticed that the max volume on the audio system (MAX or just after Volume 62) is quite low on some tracks. This means I have to edit my audio files on a PC to change the gain, increasing the normal volume - this obviously makes the tracks lose fidelity.

Any advice/tips/views around this? How have you gotten around the unusually low max volume?

Thanks,

Momonga

·
Registered
688 Posts
Can you tell us which input mode you are using? I can't say I have that problem on my system. Even before I swapped all of my speakers, I have never turned the system above 40 even when using this softest input, which is the XM radio. On the USB, AUX, or CD input I never turn the system past 35 and on most songs I am down around 25. The only thing that I could think to check would be that your bass and treble settings aren't set at -5 or a really low level. I have my bass setting a 5 and treble at 3 for now. I will be installing a 300W 10 in. sub soon and so I expect to be able to turn my bass setting on the head unit down significantly then.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I'm using the USB input and although the sound is crystal clear it's just as loud as I expect it on MAX. I'm not saying it's necessarily weak but I would have hoped it could punch harder than this.

·
Registered
688 Posts
Wow, well unless there is something actually wrong with your stereo I would have to guess that it's just the particular songs that you are listening to? I really have no idea. If I ever turned my USB input past 40, let alone to max of 62 I wouldn't be able to sit comfortably in the car for long.

·
Registered
383 Posts
some songs on my iPod are at different levels but even with that I have never ran the volume up to 62. coincidently I was just wondering this morning what the max volume was.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts