Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Both I and my wife have over 1000 contacts in our Android phones, so neither of us transferred our contacts to our Lexus cars. My Lexus is a CT200h 2014 and I can manually enter a contact by selecting its number from my Call History and placing it in the phonebook. My wife, on the other hand, has an ES300h 2014 and neither she nor I can figure out how to manually enter a contact into its phonebood in any way at all. Is there really a difference between the two cars in terms of this software? Or am I missing something? Perhaps when I got my CT I initially did something to allow manual entry to occur, and don't remember what that was.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I am having issues too. My wife and I have the same HTC phone and hers was able to transfer all contacts at once and mine will only load about 8 random ones. Sorry that I can't help.

·
Registered
47 Posts
The vehicle's voice recognition software isn't nearly as good as a current smartphone's. I have had better experience using the phone's voice commands via Bluetooth than the vehicle's voice commands. I have an iPhone, so I'll just depress the home button to bring up Siri to help me place a call (i.e. "Call Ralvy"). I imagine you can do the same with Google voice commands using your Android phone.

·
Registered
842 Posts
The vehicle's voice recognition software isn't nearly as good as a current smartphone's. I have had better experience using the phone's voice commands via Bluetooth than the vehicle's voice commands. I have an iPhone, so I'll just depress the home button to bring up Siri to help me place a call (i.e. "Call Ralvy"). I imagine you can do the same with Google voice commands using your Android phone.
You know, I could probably do that, but I don't know anyone named Ralvy. I do wonder if the new Apple App might help solve some of these problems and if its imminent debut might help explain the problems that Apple is either having or creating in coordinating with Toyota?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts