Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey y'all

Good to be back! After a 5-year stint with Honda, Audis, BMW's, Mercedes and Toyota I am back to the roots with a 2016 CT200h with 92k km on the clock.

I was going through the maintenance schedule and some intervals baffle me a bit. (looked through US one so mileage is in miles)

30k air filter?
150k engine coolant?

What about CVT?
What about ALL filters?

What do you actually recommend to follow? 7500 oil change? 10k filters?

What about timing chain?

·
Registered
11 Posts
I would do CVT oil pronto plus EGR cleanout, spark plugs, brake fluid. Air filter should have been done sooner. Cabin filter is easy. Coolants should be ok for 7 years.

·
Registered
2012 Lexus CT200H - 111K
22 Posts
The maintenance schedule is highly and very optimistically stretched out

Engine air filter. Once a year. Regardless. Use OEM!
Cabin filter. Once a year. Use OEM!
Transaxle fluid every 50K -100K
Engine oil every 5000K.

This car does not have a CVT. It has a planetary gear set with infinite gearing which functions similar to cvt but is not a cvt. MG1 and MG2 motors are housed in transaxle. Toyota/lexus says it life long oil but that was bullshit. Change the transaxle every 50K - 60K at most. Learn how to do it yourself. its easy.

You also need to do complete egr cleanout. and spark plugs would be good every 100K.

·
Registered
16 Posts
We typically do the transaxle/ coolant at around 100k on our fleet cars -- that's around 5 years for us. I'm talking 3rd Gen Prius and the two CT's we have ... same powertrain. The coolant is just a refresh .... that's what the dealers do. It's a simple dump and refill .... The transaxle fluid always looks fine BTW

We do it all at once -- so when it's in for the 100k or 110k oil change they do the two coolants and the transaxle fluid. Use the proper fluids from Toyota -- you can get them on Amazon if need be. The only way to check the transaxle fluid is to open the fill plug ... why not just change out the fluid. Frankly -- I don't think it matters -- but, I know it's properly filled. Same with the coolant -- the quick fluid drop at the same time checks for any problems or dirt and you are good to go. We do the plugs around the same time ..... but, before 120k. They always look fine as well.

For the air and cabin filter -- the Denso from a place like AutohausAZ is the OEM and high quality. Lots of dealers sell through e-bay and that a good way to get the OE ... I get the wiper inserts from an e-bay dealer. Don't toss the OE wiper blades .... get the refills

Doing the EGR vale and intake is not a bad idea by 125 -- especially if you notice any oil use. We don't bother to clean as it's costs too much in labor. about 1k for new valve and cooler and labor

1 - 4 of 4 Posts