Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
I doubt anyone has had maintenance. Lexus covers the first two and the car has only been out 7 months. The first oil change is at 10000 miles. I guess its possible, I have only had mine for 5 days and have already went 300 miles.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
I think I heard on here the oil change alone @ the dealer is $120 (synthetic).

·
Registered
255 Posts
I use Lexus credit card reward points for service. Never paid much attention to what it would have cost. The RX I had didn't use synthetic so that wouldn't help much anyway. Call the service department. They will be happy to tell you.

·
Registered
31 Posts
This post picked up my curiousity and I have check with my local dealer to see what are the maintenance cost for the CT. I'm impressed with quick and really clear answer that they gived to me!

Actually, there is a oil change every 8 000 Km (5 000 miles) and that cost 85.00$ here. But, at each 16 000 Km (10 000 miles), they have a maintenance which include the oil change, at 210.95$. And at each 32 0000 KM (20 000 miles) there is the maintenance with oil change at 210.95$ + breake service and liquid change at 270.00$, for a total of 480.00$ (at each 32 000 kms). That is pretty expensive if I compare with the Acrua I actually own.

Oil change on the Acura is 45.00$, breake service at 100$, and general checkup at approx. 169$.

Ok you save on gaz, but the maintenance cost alot. I'll have to think again! Give me many good reason to get a CT.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I did a quick math, and here it is:

Year 1: 960.40
Year 2: 1323.60
Year 3: 1128.55
Year 4: 1714.45

Total: 5127.00

The first year there is the two first services which are free, so this is why it's less expensive. I usually do about 40 000 kms per year, but in fuel, I'll save approx. 12 000$ in gaz in 4 years, so I'm doing a good deal with the CT anyway! But geeze the service is exensive! Premium service, premium price hehe!!

·
Registered
486 Posts
So are the first two services free in Canada as well?

I did a quick math, and here it is:

Year 1: 960.40
Year 2: 1323.60
Year 3: 1128.55
Year 4: 1714.45

Total: 5127.00

The first year there is the two first services which are free, so this is why it's less expensive. I usually do about 40 000 kms per year, but in fuel, I'll save approx. 12 000$ in gaz in 4 years, so I'm doing a good deal with the CT anyway! But geeze the service is exensive! Premium service, premium price hehe!!

·
Registered
352 Posts
Doing the maintenance yourself isn't really that difficult. Look at the list of things that are needed when you hit the mileage and most of them are visual. There are a lot of "how to" and Youtube DIY folks that can also help you out. I'm not a mechanic or that handy but I took the time to learn how to maintain my '93 Volvo for 18 years with 192K, and still running strong.

Invest in a OBD and you should be set.

OBD-II - On-Board Diagnostic System

·
Registered
76 Posts
Maintenance cost will be lower than any other Lexus out there. An oil change isn't needed till every 10,000 miles. The 5,000 mile service does not include an oil change, just rotate tires and check this and that. The regenerative brake system will save on the brake pads and will last longer than a conventional car. Prius drivers have had their cars for more than 80,000 + miles and have not changed their pads. The best think is to look at the maintenance schedule that came with manual and booklets. That will be the best judge. Just use the Prius as a good estimate to what things will cost since much of the car is a Prius system.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
Maintenance cost will be lower than any other Lexus out there. An oil change isn't needed till every 10,000 miles. The 5,000 mile service does not include an oil change, just rotate tires and check this and that. The regenerative brake system will save on the brake pads and will last longer than a conventional car. Prius drivers have had their cars for more than 80,000 + miles and have not changed their pads. The best think is to look at the maintenance schedule that came with manual and booklets. That will be the best judge. Just use the Prius as a good estimate to what things will cost since much of the car is a Prius system.
I have even heard of Prius owners going up to 150K miles before needing their first brake job! :eek:

·
Registered
71 Posts
Agree with KKM, do it yourself and save a lot. Read what they do at each interval and compare that to the cost. It's not a bargain. 5qts oil (need 4.4qts) and a filter will cost about $30. The rest is profit and overhead. Checking fluid levels and rotating tires is easy. New brake pads is also easy. Unless something breaks you can save a lot of money by doing the routine service yourself.

·
Registered
200 Posts
I asked the Toyota dealership for a price quote on the oil change (synthetic) on the ct and I believe they said $79.

Is anyone going to do this? Take their ct to a toyota dealership because it is cheaper? I was thinking after the free 10k service is over I will likely head to Toyota to get everything done there.

What do you guys think?

·
Registered
371 Posts
But does the Toyota dealer offer free sugar coated donut holes, biscotti, chocolate chip cookies, saltwater taffy plus an assortment of complimentary beverages?

What do you mean the Toyota dealer doesn’t provide free biscotti? Gasp! :eek:

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
And loaners?! NOOOOOOOOOOO. LOL.

Many of the big Lexus dealerships here in SoCal are right next to Toyota dealerships. My plan is: drop off the car at Toyota, walk next door and hang out in the Lexus lounge until my car is done! This is if I don't have time to work on it myself.

·
Registered
200 Posts
But does the Toyota dealer offer free sugar coated donut holes, biscotti, chocolate chip cookies, saltwater taffy plus an assortment of complimentary beverages?

What do you mean the Toyota dealer doesn’t provide free biscotti? Gasp! :eek:
when i went to my lexus dealership all they had was some costco cookies..
for the money i save i can go buy myself like 10 boxes of those

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
You guys have no idea what expensive maintenance is until you have owned a BMW....
... And that is one of the reasons why I no longer own one :rolleyes: but when it was good, it was really, really good. had a 98 4-door M3 I bought new.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Is anyone going to do this? Take their ct to a toyota dealership because it is cheaper? I was thinking after the free 10k service is over I will likely head to Toyota to get everything done there.

What do you guys think?
I took my prior Lexus ES to Toyota for all maintenance and received great service. Since CT is based on Prius engine, I'm planning on doing the same with my new CT.

·
Registered
17 Posts
May someone explain why Lexus Canada and Lexus US provide two different maintenance schedules for the CT ? Lexus Can recommands an oil change every 5K whereas Lexus US does it every 10K !

1 - 20 of 22 Posts