Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I am new to the forum and recently purchased a 2013 ct200h as my dd. This has probably been asked many times before but I can't seem to find it so please bare with me.

I was looking to lower my car but not drastically. Just trying get rid of the wheel gap. I was wondering if I just purchase lowering springs, will they be okay on the stock shocks? And if they will be okay on the stock shocks, would I have to replace the shocks sooner than later? How soon would I have to replace the shocks?

Or will I be better off copping coilover set? Again, this is my dd so I will not be pushing my car hard. Thank you in advance.

·
Registered
27 Posts
I was debating with this too. I ended up getting Tein coilovers. They're basic coilovers (ride height adjustable only), however I'm really impressed with the ride quality. From my experience having several lowered vehicles, OEM shocks and struts will wear out faster with lowered springs...then you'll have to replace your OEM shocks/struts, which will cost you more money.

Either replace the shocks/struts with lowered springs at the same time or go with a reputable set of coilovers...or you can go with the F Sport blue springs (doesn't drop much IMO).

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I was debating with this too. I ended up getting Tein coilovers. They're basic coilovers (ride height adjustable only), however I'm really impressed with the ride quality. From my experience having several lowered vehicles, OEM shocks and struts will wear out faster with lowered springs...then you'll have to replace your OEM shocks/struts, which will cost you more money.

Either replace the shocks/struts with lowered springs at the same time or go with a reputable set of coilovers...or you can go with the F Sport blue springs (doesn't drop much IMO).
Thank you for the advice misterawa. Yeah I just wanted to see if I could save a few hundred since I won't be driving this car all crazy. Coil overs it is!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts