Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
A few months ago I decided to order some mods for my ct200. I originally wanted lexus lowering springs but ended up going with Megan lowing springs. I also added a ultra racing front strut bar and a Megan h brace. After lowering the car I couldn’t stand the sunken wheel look so I installed 20mm spacers in the rear and 5mm spacers in the front with 225/45/17 nitto motivo tires. I really wanted to add the f sport blue front and rear sways but those seem to be really hard to find. Anywho here’s some pictures.
Tire Wheel Automotive tire Hood Light

Tire Automotive tire Automotive lighting Road surface Asphalt

Blue Automotive tire Coil spring Bicycle part Crankset

Automotive lighting Automotive tire Hood Black Automotive design

Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

Wheel Tire Car Vehicle Hood

Tire Wheel Automotive tail & brake light Automotive tire Vehicle

Wheel Tire Land vehicle Automotive parking light Car

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Looks like it turned out nice. Do you have any feedback about the mods to share? Did the mods accomplish what you wanted?
I can say that I am definitely satisfied with the springs, added bars, and wheel spacers. I feel that the lowering springs still have the same ride as the stock ones, the spacers gave the car a more aggressive and flush wheel fitment, and the bars definitely stiffened up the handling and makes the car respond way better on turns. I just wish I could find a set of f sport blue sway bars to give the car even better handling.

Front springs took about an hour to swap out.
Rear springs took 20-30 minutes to swap out
H brace took 30 minutes to install
Front sway bar was installed when the front struts were off but I would guesstimate that it takes 30 minutes to install
Wheel spacers were installed when the wheels were removed for the installation of the springs.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I can say that I am definitely satisfied with the springs, added bars, and wheel spacers. I feel that the lowering springs still have the same ride as the stock ones, the spacers gave the car a more aggressive and flush wheel fitment, and the bars definitely stiffened up the handling and makes the car respond way better on turns. I just wish I could find a set of f sport blue sway bars to give the car even better handling.

Front springs took about an hour to swap out.
Rear springs took 20-30 minutes to swap out
H brace took 30 minutes to install
Front sway bar was installed when the front struts were off but I would guesstimate that it takes 30 minutes to install
Wheel spacers were installed when the wheels were removed for the installation of the springs.
rig looks good man. I just picked up a 16 white F sport with about 80K. Ride still has to arrive from the east coast (im in cali). I ordered the megan springs earlier this week and they are arriving before the ride HAHA. I never thought about the spacers with stock wheels, they look good though. Do you have a link for them?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
rig looks good man. I just picked up a 16 white F sport with about 80K. Ride still has to arrive from the east coast (im in cali). I ordered the megan springs earlier this week and they are arriving before the ride HAHA. I never thought about the spacers with stock wheels, they look good though. Do you have a link for them?
Congrats on your purchase, you definitely will enjoy this car. It’s great on gas while still presenting a sporty look and great handling. I don’t have a link for the spacer, I just went on eBay and searched 5mm 5x100 spacers and 20mm 5x100 spacers. However, I switched from the original 215/45/17 size tire to a 225/45/17 tire. This provided a little bit more width/grip and a better appearance in my opinion. If your going to stay with a 215 wide tire then you’ll need 10 mm spacers in the front and 25mm spacers in the rear.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Thanks man . Gas was killing me out here. Have a 04 Tacoma DCSB and 17 land cruiser, n yeah, my 120 round trip commute was $$$.

yeah been reading more, thinking of 15/20 or a 20/25 . Prollie just powder coat the stock black since she’ll be my daily. Don’t wanna spend to much since I’m trying lift the 04 n add methods with MT tires.

seems like a lot of folks go aggressive on the spacers, even a 25/30/35!l ratio , any specific reason I went 5/20?

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks man . Gas was killing me out here. Have a 04 Tacoma DCSB and 17 land cruiser, n yeah, my 120 round trip commute was $$$.

yeah been reading more, thinking of 15/20 or a 20/25 . Prollie just powder coat the stock black since she’ll be my daily. Don’t wanna spend to much since I’m trying lift the 04 n add methods with MT tires.

seems like a lot of folks go aggressive on the spacers, even a 25/30/35!l ratio , any specific reason I went 5/20?
i bought this car because I wanted something I couldn’t mod to much as well. I owned a s2000 and then a Evo X. I got out of hand with modding those two cars so this time around I wanted something that had a sporty look but that I could turn on, throw into drive, and go.I went with smaller spacers because the tire I went with is wider and added about 5-8mm more width without spacers.

this is the 225 wide tire.

Automotive parking light Tire Vehicle Wheel Car

this is the stock size 215 wide tire.
Tire Wheel Car Land vehicle Vehicle

·
Registered
7 Posts
I feel u man, those cars have endless mods. I’m just going to lower , tint , maybe wheels to 18s and I told myself that’s it lol. That’s why I I’m debating on the spacers but u can see a big difference with the tire size n spacer setup ,looks clean. I’ll post a pic when the daily arrives, glad this forum exists!

·
Registered
9 Posts
I been debating on this since like you said the sway bar is pretty much impossible to find.
I do have the blue f sport springs that I have yet to install since I’m still trying to find out how wide of a tire I can go with 18” wheels

·
Registered
23 Posts
I been debating on this since like you said the sway bar is pretty much impossible to find.
I do have the blue f sport springs that I have yet to install since I’m still trying to find out how wide of a tire I can go with 18” wheels
I believe Speed academy put a 18 x 9.5 +45 rim with a 255/35/18 yokohama advan tire, keep in mind they also installed coilovers.

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
92 Posts

If you decide you are not going to install the blue f sport springs and want to sell, please let me know and I will buy them.

-Nigel

·
Registered
2016 CT200H F-Sport
92 Posts
sorry for the late reply! Just got back from vacay. The ride is good , similar to stock. Feels a lot better tho.

All good, I appreciate it! I was looking at these, but happened to grab a set of BNIB F-Sport blue springs. So they are on the way.
Now I think I sourced the blue sway bars so we'll see if I can make that happen.

-Nigel

1 - 20 of 21 Posts