Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone noticed a chrome strip on the lower side of the car that reaches to the "Hybrid" moniker? I saw this in the CT brochure (not sure about the US version), but as far as I know, it doesn't appear to be an available accessory for us folks in Canada. Looks sharp and I'd be interested. (Apologies for the poor scan)

·
Registered
410 Posts
I personally really like them too. A nice touch. I pre-ordered them with Sewell. My order says the estimated available date 04/05/11. I better go check my order status again to see if that date has been delayed any.

Nice pic BTW... Now I see exactly what they will look like on my white CT. ;-)

·
Registered
28 Posts
Who at Sewell in Dallas did you deal with?

I personally really like them too. A nice touch. I pre-ordered them with Sewell. My order says the estimated available date 04/05/11. I better go check my order status again to see if that date has been delayed any.

You're in Houston, right? But you bought your car from Dallas? I'm in Dallas. Would you mind telling me who at Sewell you dealt with? Reason I ask is that Sewell (my local Lexus dealer) told me that body molding isn't available, that Sewell doesn't install molding, but that they have a relationship with a local body shop who could do it for about $350 (they have the Lexus paint, he said). But there was no way to order it or anything.

That was a couple of weeks ago, so things may have changed? I'll call that salesman back. But he sure didn't call me. I called him to specifically ask about the side molding. I would've thought he'd call me back if his info changed or he found out he was mistaken.

·
Registered
283 Posts
From the description it sounds like the existing hybrid badges have to be removed as the Hybrid badge is built in to the new lower molding. When someone gets them let us know exactly.

$350 for installation sounds high as I'm sure they are the stick on type, like all other Toyota moldings. I think is was only $125 for the Toyota dealer to install the belt molding on my Highlander. My advice, get them and shop around to the dealers body shop or other in your area for the install if your dealer will not install.

·
Registered
410 Posts
You're in Houston, right? But you bought your car from Dallas? I'm in Dallas. Would you mind telling me who at Sewell you dealt with? Reason I ask is that Sewell (my local Lexus dealer) told me that body molding isn't available, that Sewell doesn't install molding, but that they have a relationship with a local body shop who could do it for about $350 (they have the Lexus paint, he said). But there was no way to order it or anything.

That was a couple of weeks ago, so things may have changed? I'll call that salesman back. But he sure didn't call me. I called him to specifically ask about the side molding. I would've thought he'd call me back if his info changed or he found out he was mistaken.
Actually I bought my car in Houston. I just ordered all the accessories from Sewell parts online. I was referring to the lower silver door trim that says hybrid. However, Darrell at Sewell parts is very knowledgeable.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey Girl, here's a better pic. Yeah, the chrome moulding on the white CT looks amazing! I'll ask my dealer if we can get it here in Canada otherwise I'll place an order from Sewell as well, since they do ship internationally.

Adding the moulding is easy. It's essentially a thick sticker. The tricky part will be to remove the existing Hybrid badge with a glue removal product that won't harm the paint, but once that's done, rest is easy. Did it on my previous '08 IS with aftermarket chrome strip by 3M. Trick is outline the line you want to follow with painter's tape and with a steady hand, stick the moulding along the tape ensuring a consistent spacing between the tape and edge of moulding, as you apply it. :)

·
Registered
410 Posts
Mr C: Ooooh that looks so sweeeet. ;-) I'll definitely look this thread up again when they arrive. (still expected to arrive 04/05/11). Yes, definitely some.

As far as the existing hybrid badge. Well, normally a hair blow dryer works for de-bading emblems. You just blow the hot air on the emblem for a couple minutes and they usually slide right off. I hope that works this time too. ;-D

Thanks for the bigger photo. BTW... Geez, why can't I figure out how to post a pic like that? I got sick of trying. ;-P

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Mr C: Ooooh that looks so sweeeet. ;-) I'll definitely look this thread up again when they arrive. (still expected to arrive 04/05/11). Yes, definitely some.

As far as the existing hybrid badge. Well, normally a hair blow dryer works for de-bading emblems. You just blow the hot air on the emblem for a couple minutes and they usually slide right off. I hope that works this time too. ;-D

Thanks for the bigger photo. BTW... Geez, why can't I figure out how to post a pic like that? I got sick of trying. ;-P
Dental floss behind the emblem.

I've debadged a lot of my former cars - stealth mode!
:D:D:D:D

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey Girl, nothing special on my end to post the pic. I click the Go Advanced button, then lower below the Manage Attachments button and upload from there. Maybe a "Junior Member" has its privileges! :)

Good tip with the hair dryer! But there's something amusing about the dental floss... I now have a use for the stack of floss freebies piling up in my medicine cabinet that I get at every dentist's visit! :D

·
Registered
410 Posts
Hey Girl, nothing special on my end to post the pic. I click the Go Advanced button, then lower below the Manage Attachments button and upload from there. Maybe a "Junior Member" has its privileges! :)

Good tip with the hair dryer! But there's something amusing about the dental floss... I now have a use for the stack of floss freebies piling up in my medicine cabinet that I get at every dentist's visit! :D
LOL... Mr C: Obviously "Senior member" doesn't mean too much in my case. O.M.G.!!! I never noticed the Manage Attachments button. Geeez, I must be blind! Thanks for pointing that out. ;-)

Audi: I will definitely try your method. Sounds better than finding an extension cord for the blow dryer. hehe I'm with Corrado...I have lots of dental floss around here too.

·
Registered
193 Posts

Mine have got an estimated delivery date of the 1st June with Sewell, will just have to wait til then I guess. :mad:

·
Registered
410 Posts
Dang Chunky...that means their first shipment is already sold out when it arrives. Wow. That's how I feel waiting for the F sport wheels. Summer sounds an like an eternity away in that regard, right??? I'm with you...:mad:

·
Registered
245 Posts
All Out Bling

Are these things ever going to ship? And does the "satin finish" bother anybody? They won't match the chrome around the windows...maybe they are supposed to match the wheels.

I'm thinking of going all out bling, chrome pillars and this chrome door molding below. :

2011 & Up Lexus CT200h Lower Chrome Molding | Sportwing.com | After-Market Auto Accessories

Against the nebula gray, all that chrome won't be so outrageous:D:D

Plus this molding looks to apply below the hybrid badge, a DIY project.

I know, I know...here come the ghetto comments but to each his own.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I prefer the Sewell's (Lexus) version, but this one is available and is 50$ cheaper. Definitely worth considering.... Thanks for the post Dirvin.

·
Premium Member
1,101 Posts
What's funny is most of Sewall's parts photos used to say "Coming Summer 2011", now it says "Coming Eventually".....open ended and now they can't be held to anything by people who pre-purchase their items.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Ct200chat says comming winter of 2011

·
Registered
410 Posts
Ugh....will they ever get here.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Are these things ever going to ship? And does the "satin finish" bother anybody? They won't match the chrome around the windows...maybe they are supposed to match the wheels.

I'm thinking of going all out bling, chrome pillars and this chrome door molding below. :

2011 & Up Lexus CT200h Lower Chrome Molding | Sportwing.com | After-Market Auto Accessories

Against the nebula gray, all that chrome won't be so outrageous:D:D

Plus this molding looks to apply below the hybrid badge, a DIY project.

I know, I know...here come the ghetto comments but to each his own.
No way I'm putting these on my car. I ordered them and they are going right back. They look like cheap plastic.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts