Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I thought about it but think it would be a little excessive. The corolla has the same bumper reflector, couple other places for as low as 30.

Im not sure the brightness though and it would be hard to tell unless you have it side by side
https://www.google.com/search?q=ct200h+bumper+reflector&hl=en&sa=X&rlz=1C1CHFX_enUS477US477&biw=1680&bih=882&tbs=vw:l&tbm=shop
Be careful if you're thinking about getting it from iJDMToy. I got a (cheap) set from them and they didn't fit the factory cut-out on my 2012.

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just installed blue LED under the driver & passenger side leg area all I did is buy 2 LED strips used double face tape and tapped into the existing light that are already there looks very cool at night.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Installed these about a year ago in my garage with a couple of buddys....took few hours taking our time as to not scratch bumper...install went without a hitch and LEDs look awesome....I do wish they were a bit brighter, but do a great job as turn/stop supplement lights

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

·
Registered
6 Posts
I bought the kit from eBay for the corolla. The reflector fits perfectly but the connectors do not match the CT. I guess I'll have to buy the lexus one as I don't want to splice wires.

·
Registered
383 Posts
I bought the kit from eBay for the corolla. The reflector fits perfectly but the connectors do not match the CT. I guess I'll have to buy the lexus one as I don't want to splice wires.
Do you have a link for the lights? I've been thinking of doing this and if the Corollas will fit and is cheaper then I'm all for it.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I contacted the seller to see if he'll sell the wire harness. He has both the corolla and ct200 lights. The corolla was 80 bucks the lexus was 130 I think. The corolla fits perfectly but wrong connectors. I would say got for the lexus one and save yourself the headaches.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Does anyone have ideas for the connector besides splicing the wires?
What would be the other option. If the connector doesn't fit, splicing would be the only option.
I also bought the Corolla version and was initially surprise by the 4 pin connector it came with versus the 6 pin connector used on the CT200h.

The solution I chose does not require splicing or replacing the 4 pin connector. The CT200h tail light assembly actually only has 4 wires so I'm not sure why Lexus chose a 6 pin connector and not a 4 pin connector. All I did was simply switch the 4 pin male connector with the 6 pin male connector.

Now the power source cable has the 4 pin male connector that hooks to the 4 pin female connector of the rear bumper LED cable assembly. The other end of the rear bumper LED cable assembly which now has the 6 pin male connector that fits nicely into the 6 pin female connector coming out of the taillight assembly.

See attach picture of final cable connection after swapping the connectors. I also included wiring diagrams and wire color matching.

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
Bill :cool:

Attachments

·
Registered
175 Posts
Remove male pins from connector

Here's how I remove the male pins to swap the connectors.

Step 1 - Lift up the safety clip to unlock the connector pins.
Step 2 - Push locking tab up and push the metal pin out.

It's best to swap one pin at a time to avoid mistake by removing and connecting each pin to their corresponding new connector position one at a time.

Although my example uses 2 pins connector, the removal process is the same whether it's for 4 pins or 6 pins connector.

Attachments

·
Registered
6 Posts
Thanks for your help bill. I completed the install today. It wasn't as bad as I thought it was going to be. The connectors were a challenge but I got it. If anyone is planning on doing this, order the Lexus kit for the extra money instead of the corolla one. It's worth the time saved.

Did you wire the turn signals? It seems kind of weird to have both red and amber turn signals. I'm thinking about changing the amber to red to match the number.

What do you think?

·
Registered
383 Posts
I say do it, it will look better.
Then post some pics...

·
Registered
4 Posts
i have already bought those lights from nigel jdm parts and waiting for them to arrive , but tonight when i walked arround the car . those lights from factory dont light up at night , tried the brakes turn on and off the headlights , turning signals they still dont dont light up , now my question is do they light up on yours ? (i have a candian verison of the CT dont know if thats my problem)
thanks

·
Registered
175 Posts
Did you wire the turn signals? It seems kind of weird to have both red and amber turn signals. I'm thinking about changing the amber to red to match the number.
Hi Paul,

Yes, I did connect the reflector kit with the turn signal.
However I did not change the turn signal bulb from orange to red. I just leave them as is.

Cheers,
Bill :cool:

1 - 20 of 21 Posts