Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am reading reviews of the 200 H only getting 30 miles to the gallon in cold weather ? I am in Southern California so that doesn't apply to me but what is the real milage on these cars as I am planning on leasing one this week ?

·
Registered
692 Posts
This is one of those questions... Mileage will vary so much with driving conditions, driving style, weather, etc. Go to fuelly.com to get a good idea of the range people are getting. You will see the average seems to be 42-43. Me, i get 42-44 in the winter and 48-50 in the summer. I think I am on the high side due to my daily drive which is just about as ideal for a hybrid as you could get.

·
Registered
56 Posts
I'm in Denver, and in the winter I got about 41-42. So far, during this wet summer, but I'm at 46 to 47. My drive to work is only 9 miles, with about half on freeway and half on surface streets. I'm still short of 5000 miles, and I read recently that it keeps getting better until 7000 to 8000 miles. It's probably a bit better than normal, because I like to see if I can improve my mileage without impacting my driving enjoyment. It's pretty fun to play with, and you quickly learn how much things like hills, traffic signals and stop signs impact the mileage.

·
Registered
692 Posts
My drive to work is only 9 miles
This would be the biggest factor as to why you aren't getting a little better mpg, although you are still getting very good. Short trips don't allow the engine to get 100% warmed up and so you aren't operating in the optimal temperature range.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts