Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So the past winters I have hit small patches of ice/snow while turning into driveways etc and wound up scraping the paint off the lower section of the front bumper. Now that I am moving to a rural location I am more concerned about the lowness of the car. Has anyone considered, heard of, or seen any treatment solution to make that lower section of paint "rougher" that would prevent such problems? TIA

·
Registered
312 Posts
Have you considered paint protection film? Maybe even an old fashioned car bra? Or even plastidip might help.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I did the same thing to ours. I got a good amount of the abrasion corrected with a tube of scratch repair and the remaining damage I'll cover up with touch up paint.

No amount of 3M or other "clear bra" will protect that kind of abuse.

·
Premium Member
379 Posts
You could always spray the bumper with rhinoliner. Probably wouldn't look great, but it would certainly be durable.

·
Registered
61 Posts
I got my bottle of touch up from a local auto parts franchise, which they mixed according to my color code.. I also know that NAPA sells them custom mixed to your color code as well. They can make it any size you want, and can even sell you a sprayer for about 20 bucks. I paid 18 dollars for my bottle of touch up which contains about 2 or 3 times the amount in the dealer bottles

·
Registered
25 Posts
I have a somewhat analogous issue to the OP's. My driveway seems to have too steep an angle and the bottom of the bonnet/nose will drag unless I make an angled approach which isn't always feasible. And apparently the previous owner had a similar problem as someone has patched the bottom with bondo or similar product. Any suggestions as to where - besides the dealer - you might obtain another of these plastic nose bits.Also I have been thinking of plastic welding the current one to fix the problem. Any comments on the type of plastic used and whether it is one that is amenable to being welded?

·
Registered
13 Posts
Did you ever see EZ lip or All Lip?

It May not last forever but it's a solution that you can always keep changing out for cheap.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Easy lip looks like it's easy to apply. But why? it wouldn't solve my problem of the lip dragging the ground. It might have some use to hide paint scratches. But i would guess it would soon suffer the same fate as the original lip, i.e. dragging on the pavement when you go up any size of incline.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Someone needs to design a front spoiler with a bit more clearance.

In the mean time, get extra ground clearance and fill out those guards with some over-diameter tyres.
e.g. 225/50/17s will give you 0.65" (16.5mm) extra ground clearance. (1.3" larger diameter) Might fit on the std rims.
Or go nuts and get some 17x8.0 +35 rims and fit with 235/55/17s. 1.3" (33mm) more ground clearance.

And fill those arches at the same time. :) (And loose fuel economy and acceleration) :(

(edit)
It looks like Lexus has already designed a new front spoiler. See skeleton's pics of his 2016 F Sport. Looks like there's a lot more clearance under the front lip...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts