Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Registered
394 Posts
Happened to me 3 times this weekend for the first time... Basically I am at a complete stop and out of nowhere I hear a loud high pitch screaching noise coming from front brakes area for a split second.

Anyone has this same issue?
I was getting this high pitch noise today. Very annoying. Seems to happen anytime when it went in to a battery charging mode, while driving at speed or braking. I will be bummed if this doesn't go away.. It was not there the first several days.

· Registered
394 Posts
Remember that just about all of us have iPhones or blackberries and most phones now days have the capability to Record. Record if possible this way you have the proof of noise for the service guys. Just a thought..
I tried to record mine today.. with no luck.. The high pitch I hear is not super loud, just annoying and intermittent. Definitely related to braking or battery regeneration, although I hear it at speed sometimes too.. When I'm stopped if I let off and on the brakes a bit it comes and goes while doing that.. Wasn't there the first several days, so it's a bummer that I have it now.. Just hope it will go away.. but i'm not so sure it will..

· Registered
394 Posts
I just got my CT a few weeks ago, and I've just started hearing (I think) the same noise recently. I know I didn't hear it for the first week or two, but have recently started noticing it.

I am attaching a recording I took with my iPhone, where I am slowing pressing the brake over and over. I know it sounds like I am pounding the break pretty hard, but I think that's just because I was holding the phone down near the pedal.

Is this what you guys are hearing when you brake the vehicle? It happens to me every single time I apply any pressure to the brake, regardless of whether I am in drive or park, or moving or stopped.

Other than this one issue though, I love the CT! I am hoping it is something Lexus can/will address.
Yes that is similar to what I hear also. Your sounds very loud at least in the recording. I just would like to know "EXACTLY" what is causing it. Lexus couldn't tell me. I eventually did record mine on a video. It is the most annoying thing about the CT for me anyway. Some people do not hear in some of these high pitched ranges so well, so I guess it doesn't bother them...

I wonder if some of our CTs are making that noise slightly more than others.. That's why I'd like to know what is causing it...

You can really hear it driving down the road with cars and buildings at each side and the windows open. It seems to bounce back in to the car from outside.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.