Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Happened to me 3 times this weekend for the first time... Basically I am at a complete stop and out of nowhere I hear a loud high pitch screaching noise coming from front brakes area for a split second.

Anyone has this same issue?

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
It doesn't happen all the time so it will be difficult/impossible to replicate at the dealer. Happens randomly and only when at a complete stop so it is a bit odd... I'm almost up for my 5k service so was thinking to just wait until then. I'll be driving the car the next few days and see if it happens again (my wife was using it last few days).

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
can you be referring to the noise when you are in "brake" mode?
I noticed that there is a slight grinding noise when stepping on the brake when in 'B' mode but i think you originally posted that the noise comes after you stopped.
Has happened during regular D mode and when at a complete stop. Like I'll be at a light completely stopped and all of a sudden a loud screaching noise goes off and goes away. Very odd for sure...

· Registered
87 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
I have it too or something similar. Mine is a high pitched electronic sound when I touch the breaks - in drive or park. I am sure it wasn't there the first couple of weeks I owned the car and told this to the dealer last week when I went in for my 45 day checkup. The tech said it is the regen brakes. I said that I am not moving and it isn't the whiring noise that the regen makes when braking. He just didn't want to hear me so I didn't bother. It might be the starting process of the regen braking but again I was sure it wasn't there in the first couple of weeks, I am used to it now.
Yeah mine definitely was not doing that noise 2 months ago... been driving the car for the past 2 days and have not heard the noise again though. I hate these inconsistent problems... if you can't replicate it then the dealer is usually unable to fix it :mad:. Even when they can replicate it they sometimes still fail to fix it!!! The rattling from my driver's side is still there after 2 visits to the dealer... seems to have gotten worse too. I'll have them check it for the 3rd time when I go in for my 5k service.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.