Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Recently my '13 CT got into an argument with a metal post that protects the gate code keypad to my neighborhood. This provides a very interesting opportunity to document the facelifting of a pre-2014 model to the newer spindle grill front end.

Would like to reach out to the community here to see if anyone has advice and/or eyes on any of the following parts.

Bumper (fsport)
Drivers fender
Lower Grille(fsport)
Upper Grille(fsport)
Lower Trim
Fog Light surrounds (fsport)
Driver Headlamp

Will be documenting the teardown & assembly process with photos (for science)((and all of you)).

Sorry about the rain. Located in Florida. Thats hurricane ETA.

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
54 Posts
I'm really sorry to see your damaged CT! I do have a facelift and have been wondering if I like the pre-facelift more. But I have not really ever seen a good "conversion kit" available, or even a good way to restore something like this. Headlights and fog lights are easy to find on Ebay though. At least the hood was safe!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the condolences. Lesson learned about letting people borrow the car!

So you are looking to go from the facelift to the pre-facelift?

·
Registered
2016 Blue Lexus CT200h F-Sport
54 Posts
yeah never let anyone else drive your car!

And indeed I have thought about it, I prefer the more subtle classic look rather than the weird spindle grille, but it's not so bad. Plus my bumper was just repainted brand new, so it would be a waste. But I've kept an eye out to see if someone with the same color was trying to swap, but so far nothing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
yeah never let anyone else drive your car!

And indeed I have thought about it, I prefer the more subtle classic look rather than the weird spindle grille, but it's not so bad. Plus my bumper was just repainted brand new, so it would be a waste. But I've kept an eye out to see if someone with the same color was trying to swap, but so far nothing.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Let me know when you wanna swap my is silver 2012 like to upgrade the new look of the spindle grille you so much dislike ha ha ha... Plus looking for the 2014 - 2017 f sport rear hatch spoiler. Is it a direct fit replacement for the 2012 f sport. Just wondering as I noticed some dealers flagging "this will not fit".

1 - 6 of 6 Posts