Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
We had a 2010 Prius III that gave a lot trouble with the Hybrid system leaving us sitting and not turning on, just crazy lights racing across the instrument panel. After we traded it on a 2015 Scion tC then we got a recall for the hybrid computer brain, whatever it's called and I think that would it fixed, made us sick to our stomach. Dealer just could not find the problem, we should have just left parked at the dealer until they found the problem as they could not make it do it while we were there. Well my wife misses the Hybrid and she cannot stomach the new 2016 Prius, the front is not too bad but that rear end.... We looked at them at a couple dealers and when salespeople tell you they're having a hard time moving them well that should tell Toyota that they messed up the styling. One salesperson actually said they ruined it and they had about 50 in stock and were not moving. We tried to find a nice low mileage Gen. 3 but have never had good luck with used cars.

Anyway we did not even know about the Lexus CT200 h until a few days ago. I mean they don't seem to advertise it or prompt it at all. We can get a 2016 that stickers for $33.4K for $26.9K after discount and dealer rebate. I can't get a decently equipped Prius for that and the fit and finish and interior is really nice. So it looks like we're going for it. I really liked how it handled and drove, maybe it the independent rear suspension or something. They have to bring a white one in from another dealer. They had several used ones but was within $3-4K of a new one at the 26.9K discounted price.

·
Registered
339 Posts
Good news. You will enjoy the CT a lot. Much more luxury and you get a better price in the US than us here in the UK.
Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4 Posts
As an owner of a 2011 Prius up to 99K miles, I was taken back just how different, and better, the Ct is. It handles great, looks and drives better, all the buttons you need and want are there and the luxury piece is on point too. When looking to trade-in my E550, I noticed a very small price point difference between getting another Prius or the Ct. case in point, I'll never regret going with the Ct.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts