Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am looking to part ways with my trusty '13 accord.
And for the past year or so I've been researching and familiarizing myself with hybrids.
Ended up choosing between an es300h, audi a3 etron, and the ct200h fsport.

Went to a lexus dealership and test drove a ct200h (they didnt have an es300 for some reason).
Fell in love with it. It's not as underpowered as I thought it would be, and man is it quiet. I usually get 30-32mpg combined daily commute on my accord, so I am hoping to get 10+ on a hybrid.

One question though. I test drove a semi-loaded 2017 CT200H F-sport (missing the parking sensors and for some reason the LED fogs). I plan on keeping the car long term and dont mind doing a 7500mile lease then to purchase. The car out of the lot is around $39k, and monthly would be around $450. Is this a good deal?

Thanks.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I can't speak to the lease deal, but just so you are aware, the parking sensors are a standalone option. The LED foglamps are part of the LED headlight option, also a standalone one. The LED headlight option, along with the radar cruise control, are the rarest options (both standalone), and usually have to be custom-ordered.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I can't speak to the lease deal, but just so you are aware, the parking sensors are a standalone option. The LED foglamps are part of the LED headlight option, also a standalone one. The LED headlight option, along with the radar cruise control, are the rarest options (both standalone), and usually have to be custom-ordered.
Ah ok I see.
Isn't the LED Headlight option stock for the FSport or am I wrong?

·
Registered
17 Posts
The LED headlight is optional. All CTs come stock with halogen projectors as low beams. Both, however, do come with LED DRL if that's what you're referring to.

The first picture is the optional LED headlamp, and the second picture is the stock halogen headlamp. Hope this helps!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
The LED headlight is optional. All CTs come stock with halogen projectors as low beams. Both, however, do come with LED DRL if that's what you're referring to.

The first picture is the optional LED headlamp, and the second picture is the stock halogen headlamp. Hope this helps!
Ahh ok i didnt realize there was that difference.
Thank you yes I get it now.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Mine look like the bottom picture but mine are Xenons.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unless you swapped it out with an HID kit, I can 100% guarantee that your bulbs are regular halogen bulbs. Having projector lens doesn't always mean they are xenon. The stock headlamp's projectors are meant for and use halogen bulbs.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Ok I have to double check but I think the one I test drove was the stock fsport one without the LED headlights.
Is 39k, 450/month 7500miles good?

Also I was looking at the lexus site to "build" a ct200h, and there is no navi package. is it a "stock package" on the 2017 models? The only package available is the Fsport Nuluxe package

·
Registered
46 Posts
If you don't mind an alternative suggestion, check for a CPO car. The CT is a great car, but hasn't been real well-received. So depreciation isn't good. 6 months ago I bought a 2014 CT200h F Sport for $26K. It was $40K new. Has 18k miles. Lexus CPO gives me an unlimited mileage warranty for 4 more years and 2 years of free maintenance. They essentially treat it like a new car.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you don't mind an alternative suggestion, check for a CPO car. The CT is a great car, but hasn't been real well-received. So depreciation isn't good. 6 months ago I bought a 2014 CT200h F Sport for $26K. It was $40K new. Has 18k miles. Lexus CPO gives me an unlimited mileage warranty for 4 more years and 2 years of free maintenance. They essentially treat it like a new car.
Looking at a '13 CPO CT200h with 21K miles for 19,500.00 (Not an F-Sport) but my biggest fear—and the major reason I haven't put down a deposit on one of these yet, is because I live in pothole-riddled NYC... I have been toggling back and forth between the CT200 and the RAV4 Hybrid, unable to come to a decision. They are comparably priced but to go apples to apples, I'd have to use the RAV4 Limited Hybrid as a point of comparison. I'm coming from a near-lifetime of Volvo ownership and comfort and non-gimcrack interiors are paramount for me. The RAV4 Hybrid is a singularly indistinctive vehicle, but it checks most of the meaningful boxes. Could lease it (the CT200h) for under 200/month and then try to nab an NX300h when they drop into my price range. Any thoughts?

1 - 10 of 10 Posts