Lexus CT200h Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in the city with way too many potholes and beat up streets, and I want more cushion. I've seen other folks talking about going down to 16 inch rims and using P205/55-16 tires. I think that's what the CT comes stock with in Canada. Finding the tires is easy but I'm having issues finding a rim that will work. My local custom shop made a bunch of calls and couldn't find a reasonably priced option.

I'd love to hear what other forum members have used and where they bought their rims. Heck if there is a cheap supply of stock rims in eastern Canada I could even make a road trip.

Thanks for the help.

smk
2013 CT200h

·
Registered
35 Posts
I live in the city with way too many potholes and beat up streets, and I want more cushion. I've seen other folks talking about going down to 16 inch rims and using P205/55-16 tires. I think that's what the CT comes stock with in Canada. Finding the tires is easy but I'm having issues finding a rim that will work. My local custom shop made a bunch of calls and couldn't find a reasonably priced option.

I'd love to hear what other forum members have used and where they bought their rims. Heck if there is a cheap supply of stock rims in eastern Canada I could even make a road trip.

Thanks for the help.

smk
2013 CT200h
I ordered Volk Rays CE28 Club Racer II 16x7 ET48

Still waiting it to come though

·
Registered
13' CT with 17' F Sport Rear
124 Posts
I ordered Volk Rays CE28 Club Racer II 16x7 ET48

Still waiting it to come though
16x7 is tiny, also that offset is so sunken in. I am running Volk Ze40 18x9 +40 and that isn't even technically aggressive spec or anything. If you run a 16 inch wheel your tire sidewall will be huge and it makes the car look like a boat imo.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
16x7 is tiny, also that offset is so sunken in. I am running Volk Ze40 18x9 +40 and that isn't even technically aggressive spec or anything. If you run a 16 inch wheel your tire sidewall will be huge and it makes the car look like a boat imo.
I wish I could get away with running 17s or 18s, but trying to deal with bad roads on such low profile tires is painful. Heck I'm just waiting for a big pot hole to crack my rims. I'll deal with my car looking like a boat - maybe I can find a set of rims that look cool. I was hoping to find a set of black rims so the tires and rims look like a single unit and hide some of the fat tire look.

·
Registered
35 Posts
I wish I could get away with running 17s or 18s, but trying to deal with bad roads on such low profile tires is painful. Heck I'm just waiting for a big pot hole to crack my rims. I'll deal with my car looking like a boat - maybe I can find a set of rims that look cool. I was hoping to find a set of black rims so the tires and rims look like a single unit and hide some of the fat tire look.
Same sentiments. I ordered the black rims too just for the same reason. Roads here are terrible in the land down under.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Fill the hole with rubber 55’s work perfectly..
Let's put it this way, it's how it Should have been released..

55's are the way to go

No more tailgaters -except girls and hotheads
No rubbing at all, Ever, even Loaded
Spot-on gps and radar speed signs

And- with the Kinergy st 735's we average 46-48 zipping around on 32psi.. 47.3mpg on the dash is roughly general what we see driving around in normal mode.. ?

Not selling Hankook or anything like that, just been through them all and experienced despair.. (I'm old)

whatever you get, don't let the "what ifs" regret get the best of you, 215 55 is the only way to go, extra rubber makes a Difference..

No more "hang-on honey, here comes a crack in the road"

Ride height is negligible at +22mm
And wheels fit the hole more evenly
Tire Wheel Car Vehicle Hood

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fill the hole with rubber 55’s work perfectly..
Let's put it this way, it's how it Should have been released..

55's are the way to go

No more tailgaters -except girls and hotheads
No rubbing at all, Ever, even Loaded
Spot-on gps and radar speed signs

And- with the Kinergy st 735's we average 46-48 zipping around on 32psi.. 47.3mpg on the dash is roughly general what we see driving around in normal mode.. ?

Not selling Hankook or anything like that, just been through them all and experienced despair.. (I'm old)

whatever you get, don't let the "what ifs" regret get the best of you, 215 55 is the only way to go, extra rubber makes a Difference..

No more "hang-on honey, here comes a crack in the road"

Ride height is negligible at +22mm
And wheels fit the hole more evenly
View attachment 60971
So when I run your configuration through a tire calculator it says your tires are almost 7% larger and when your speedo is showing 70 mph you are actually going 75 mph. Are you really on the stock rims?

·
Registered
83 Posts
Stock Fsport 17” rims, didn’t my picture upload “?” see the L in the center cap?

you do what you want to, but i am on Target Spot-on to cop radar speed signs..

ya see, we engineers set ratios by circumference D to ROT % calculations.. That’s right, a simple click in the system changes your true speed metric..

The speedometer on the ct200 is -1/345% to ROT, that means you are inherently Under the speed limit By Design.. That’s not mine or yours, that’s ALL of them in the U.S. And there’s a reason for this, has to do with good ol’ DOT EPA and some import docs..

In fact most manufacturer’s, per VC labels stuck in your door jam indicating tire size for the specific vehicle, are done to meet this calibration.. Everyone Speeds thinking they get point A to B faster, good ol’DOT knows this and the % to rotation based circumference calculation, allows an underage for this fact..

with the additional 22mm or 10x10 aspect, it compensates for this negative fault.. 👍

we get a smoother ride, and do the speed limit now, with a nice Perk.. wait for it... Better MPG..

guess I could give the calcs for the better MPG, but I think you would’ve already gathered that given result by reading this far 👍

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I contacted TireRack and they pointed me to look at their winter tire/rim packages. If you do that, they give you an option for 16" rims.

Here's what they listed, anyone have thoughts on these rims?

Sport Tuning ST7
Motegi Racing MR116
Motegi Racing MR142 CS8
Focal X
Sparco Terra SE
American Racing AR929

Some of the reviews mentioned that the aluminum rims are easily bent, given I live in winter-pothole-land I'd want to steer clear of those.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts