Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I used to put my pickup truck before purchasing the CT on a Battery Tender when I left for international business trip all the time.
The trip ranges from 2 weeks to 1 month.
Wondering if I can still used the Battery Tender on a CT as I feel like I don't want to put some external charger on it and have electrical problems.
I just want to see if anyone is using some battery charging device for the battery to not drain.

·
Registered
680 Posts
Absolutely you can! In fact my Lexus dealer does this with all the cars on their showroom floor. Big tip, you DO NOT have to tear apart the trunk and put the battery tender on the actual 12V battery terminals. There is an access port for jumping the battery under the hood near the fuse box. Use the positive connection there, and the negative on any nearby bolt that goes to the body.

All that being said, 2-4 weeks is not enough time for your 12V battery to self-discharge itself. Those type of battery tenders are typically used when the car is going to be sitting for several months.

·
Registered
38 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Absolutely you can! In fact my Lexus dealer does this with all the cars on their showroom floor. Big tip, you DO NOT have to tear apart the trunk and put the battery tender on the actual 12V battery terminals. There is an access port for jumping the battery under the hood near the fuse box. Use the positive connection there, and the negative on any nearby bolt that goes to the body.

All that being said, 2-4 weeks is not enough time for your 12V battery to self-discharge itself. Those type of battery tenders are typically used when the car is going to be sitting for several months.
Nice, thank you for your information.
I didn't even notice that there weren't any regular 12V battery underneath the hood! LOL
But like you said, there is a place where I can access to jumping the battery so that's a plus.

The weather here in NJ is pretty harsh right now so I just wanted to make sure of things before I left.
If that is the case, I would just put it under a cover and call it a day.

Figured I would get my girlfriend to turn on the car once in a while........but realized that it would only run for like 2 min and shut down so.....

1 - 3 of 3 Posts