Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everyone. I'm picking up my Matador Red/Ecru CT this weekend and was wondering if anyone has taken their CT on any long-distance road trips within the first few months of ownership (long-distance = 600+ miles one-way).

Was planning on road tripping in the summer and wanted to know general information (MPG, performance, etc.)

Thanks all.

·
Registered
193 Posts
Hey everyone. I'm picking up my Matador Red/Ecru CT this weekend and was wondering if anyone has taken their CT on any long-distance road trips within the first few months of ownership (long-distance = 600+ miles one-way).

Was planning on road tripping in the summer and wanted to know general information (MPG, performance, etc.)

Thanks all.
As I only live on a small island, The United Kingdom............ In the first two weeks of owning the car I drove some 300 miles, took nearly 6 hours so I guess it was a good test. I found the car to be extremely comfortable and it averaged 48 mpg, driving at the spped limit (honest officer!). The owners guide though does suggest that for the first few hundred miles you should avoid driving at a fixed speed for too long, so I would just point this out, I used the cruise control for about half of the trip and found the whole experience a joy. Also, what I would add is that after a while you notice that the car isn't as noisy as you first think, yes the engine sounds like it will jump out from under the bonnet, sorry hood when accelerating hard but once you are at crusing speed everything calms down.

Enjoy and welcome to the club!

·
Registered
209 Posts
Chunky,
Was that US or UK mpg? 1 UK gallon is about 1.2 US gallons.

·
Registered
208 Posts
A couple of weeks after buying mine, three of us drove from Southern California to Sedona AZ. One way was nearly 500 miles. I didn't keep accurate track of the mileage (I've owned a Prius for 6 years and I'm kind of over worrying about MPG, sorry). When I did check it, it was averaging below 40 because the drive through the desert was done at 80 MPH. The return trip was into a tremendous headwind which resulted in 32 MPG.

I will say that the drive was incredibly comfortable and quiet even at 80+ MPH. The valets at the resort were also quite impressed with it.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's good to know all. I was planning on doing a Virginia > Chicago trip later this year and wanted to make sure there wouldn't be any problems. i'm slightly averse to taking a brand new car on a long distance trip.

·
Registered
23 Posts
I did 250 miles from Dallas to Houston at about 65 - 70mph and averaged 44mpg into a headwind. Made the trip back yesterday going about 75 - 80mph with a tailwind and averaged 45mpg. I was hoping to crack 50mpg but I dont think the CT could have done it, so I just cruised comfortably and am happy with what I got.

I use an iphone app called Gas Cubby and it's neat to track the actual mpg. Even though the CT will say my avg tank mpg is between 44 and 47mpg, the app is telling me my lifetime average over the last month of owning the car is only 43.65mpg

·
Registered
17 Posts
I took my car to Newport the first weekend of owner ship from Western MA. The next weekend it was Boston and now at the month mark I have been touring the highways and byways of Vermont. I now have over 2,000 miles on my leased vehicles ooops better stop racking them up. After I took the car through the mountain pass at Smuggler's Notch Vermont the car is actually broken in. I am now averaging 45.5 mpg between rural and highway driving!!! So I am sure that their mpg for highway driving at the 55-70 mph is too low! Across country at higher speeds I am sure the mpg suffers.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Tampa to Virginia Beach (856 miles one way)

With the ticker reading 6,000 miles after getting home from work...

My partner and I decided to take our CT200h from Tampa, FL to Virginia Beach, VA (up the I-95). The ride was outstanding!!! This is a night and day contrast to our 2010 Prius III. This car is so much better in every aspect!!! Oh, and the MPG meter didn't have any problems showing 45mpg... We didn't baby the car either, we kept the speed between 75-85mph...

·
Registered
81 Posts
I did 250 miles from Dallas to Houston at about 65 - 70mph and averaged 44mpg into a headwind. Made the trip back yesterday going about 75 - 80mph with a tailwind and averaged 45mpg. I was hoping to crack 50mpg but I dont think the CT could have done it, so I just cruised comfortably and am happy with what I got.

I use an iphone app called Gas Cubby and it's neat to track the actual mpg. Even though the CT will say my avg tank mpg is between 44 and 47mpg, the app is telling me my lifetime average over the last month of owning the car is only 43.65mpg
I love gas cubby!

As you can see, I'll be pleased when we get our CT200h. My 4Runner is just a little overkill for most of the driving we do.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts