Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
208 Posts
What's to stop me from grabbing a piece of mahogany and fabricating my own dash insert? Sounds like a fun woodworking project.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Does anyone have a link/picture to the Ash Burlwood insert? I can't find anything. I'm assuming it would be darker and browner than the bamboo.

·
Registered
255 Posts
Here is a link th the CT online Brochure. It has Ash Burl in it.

CT Hybrid Brochures

There may be a picture attached if I did it correctly.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Here is a link th the CT online Brochure. It has Ash Burl in it.

CT Hybrid Brochures

There may be a picture attached if I did it correctly.
The attached picture worked great. Odd though, since they describe it a "matte", yet the piece in the photo was quite glossy.

Either way, I think I like the Burl better than bamboo for my Starfire Pearl/Black. $114 at Sewell w/discount.

Thanks for posting the links.

Edit: Now that I look at it again, I guess the silver piece above it makes it look glossy. The wood isn't.

·
Registered
222 Posts
sewell seems to have raised their price from yesterday for the bamboo and ash inserts. not very nice of them to do that.

·
Registered
208 Posts
sewell seems to have raised their price from yesterday for the bamboo and ash inserts. not very nice of them to do that.
I just ordered the ash for $114 + S/H. Did you see it lower?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
If they raised prices it may be they were selling below their costs!

The Lexus Accessory Bulletin ACCY 2011-04 has the following Dealer Costs:

Bamboo Panel $125
Burl Wood Panel $125
Graphite Metallic Panel $95

·
Registered
516 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Bamboo Inserts

I looked at the inserts yesterday and they were the same price...$199...they didn't raise them. Also, to DGSTAN, how did you get a discount at Sewell for parts if you don't mind me asking?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
I looked at the inserts yesterday and they were the same price...$199...they didn't raise them. Also, to DGSTAN, how did you get a discount at Sewell for parts if you don't mind me asking?
You need to become a registered member on the Club Lexus Forum

Then register at Sewell with the same user ID and password

Then when you log on to Sewell you see the CLF members discounted price.

The regular price on Sewells normal web site is not the same as CLF member pricing.

:):):)

Update just checked Sewell Site - still $114 for bamboo and walnut

·
Registered
208 Posts
Yes, do what Audi said. Register through Club Lexus. That's a crazy discount - over 40% off.

·
Registered
222 Posts
is it just me then? i just logged in again (i registered through as a clublexus member) and it's the same. ??? i dunno what's going on with mine then, because the price hasn't changed from my last post. i apologize if i caused a commotion for you others who are still showing the $114 price for bamboo & ash, but mine is showing $151. :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
No, it's not just you. It looks like the pricing has been updated and now the bamboo and ash show as $151.25 and only the black metallic shows as $114.95.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts