Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I put $500 down for a white basic CT on April 9th but my salesman called me yesterday saying that the factory is only making three colors, black, silver and smokey. Has anyone else heard the same? Damn, I really wanted a white one.... Mines is scheduled for production in August and delivery in September.

·
Registered
267 Posts
I put $500 down for a white basic CT on April 9th but my salesman called me yesterday saying that the factory is only making three colors, black, silver and smokey. Has anyone else heard the same? Damn, I really wanted a white one.... Mines is scheduled for production in August and delivery in September.
That's very odd. Less than 3 weeks ago, my dealer told me only ones available were red, white, and yellow.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Is it possible?

A car salesmen being less than truthful? Perish the thought!

·
Registered
75 Posts
I just picked up my white one dealer told me red and black are rare due to pigment production of those colors were affected by japan disaster I also herd this else where

·
Premium Member
661 Posts
Do you think dealers might just be saying this because they only colors they can get their hands on are these?
Considering a lot of people have gone with either starfire pearl or fire agate pearl. And off the top they would have produced more smokey granite, tungsten and obsidian because they didn't think matador red or daybreak would sell as many units.

·
Registered
200 Posts
The guy is probably lying to sell you the color they have in inventory.
I have the Starfire Pearl and it is a really nice color. Check around if you can.

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I'd really think he were lying if my car was coming this month but this is scheduled for delivery in September! They said the car is going to be built in August. I just picked a color to keep my place in line, hopefully white becomes available before September. I guess I can always get my 500 back if I don't like the smokey when it comes in.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Starfire Pearl is used on other Lexus vehicles. I doubt it's being curtailed.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I traded in my red IS 250 for the CT and refused to consider any other color but the same red as well as navigation. Several dealers told me that CTs with nav accounted for about 25 percent of what was being produced and on top of that, they were producing VERY little reds. Whether that was the truth or not, I opted to take delivery on a white with nav instead....

Kristi

·
Registered
516 Posts
That is weird in itself...I ordered one and my dealer can't give me a date of build or when it will be available. How do they know your build date is August with a delivery of September???? I don't think they could possibly know this...anyone else out there care to chime in?

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Dealer called me yesterday and said Japan can start making white ones again! Hopefully they don't call later and change it up again....

1 - 13 of 13 Posts