Lexus CT200h Forums banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I don't have the car yet--- so maybe someone who does will be kind enough to answer a few questions I have about operating the CT:

1. When the keyless entry is set to unlock only the driver's door (which is safe); is there an easy way to unlock the passenger doors by pulling on the handle twice or something? Or just to open the door and press the power unlock button on the inside of the door?

2. Do the automatic headlights automatically turn on when the rain sensing wipers turn on?

3. In a different Lexus forum I read a post claiming that during extreme braking the CT's 4-way flashers automatically activate. It sounds rather Autobahnesque, is it true?

4. Many GM cars and European cars have a 3-blink lane change feature when the turn signal lever is momentarily pressed part way. It's handy for lane changes, because it doesn't require the driver to hold the lever in place during lane changes. Does the CT do this?

5. The Lexus website says that the Pre-Collision system will "in some cases, even apply the brakes to help reduce impact speed.". The pdf manual further clarifies that PCS braking occurs when a collision is "eminent", but PCS braking can be turned off. Has anyone encountered unwanted PCS braking, like when approaching guardrails on sharp curves?

·
Premium Member
708 Posts
Unless its a new feature there are no rain sensing wipers.

No lane change blinking.

·
Registered
270 Posts
Answers as best I know (UK spec SE-L Nav)

1 - Keyless entry : there's a lock/unlock button on the key fob too, I assume that will unlock all the doors (probably a customisable feature)

2 - Think it's more a light sensing thing for the headlights, so when the darkness comes before the rain, the lights will already be on. If set to auto ... (I turn off the auto because the guards on the gate at work don't like it - and they occasionally carry heat)

Rain sensing wipers - these work pretty ok but possibly wipe too much when the rain is only spotting. Seems a little quirky though in how the rain sensing first activates, If I've left it on auto I've usually had to turn to 0 and back to auto to get them to auto-wipe.

3 - think it flashes the brake lights only. The emergency brake Works pretty well too, had cause to find out the other morning ... (no dents, no report)

4 - no 3 blinky thing - HURRAH ! I really don't like this one ... With hands in good positions on the wheel, it doesn't take much to hold the indicator stalk up or down but having a 3 blinky means the car is doing bad signals when you've aborted a "Crikey ! I didn't see that bike in my blindspot" lane change.

5 - PCS - not got this feature ...

·
Registered
115 Posts
I don't have the car yet--- so maybe someone who does will be kind enough to answer a few questions I have about operating the CT:

1. When the keyless entry is set to unlock only the driver's door (which is safe); is there an easy way to unlock the passenger doors by pulling on the handle twice or something? Or just to open the door and press the power unlock button on the inside of the door?

2. Do the automatic headlights automatically turn on when the rain sensing wipers turn on?

3. In a different Lexus forum I read a post claiming that during extreme braking the CT's 4-way flashers automatically activate. It sounds rather Autobahnesque, is it true?

4. Many GM cars and European cars have a 3-blink lane change feature when the turn signal lever is momentarily pressed part way. It's handy for lane changes, because it doesn't require the driver to hold the lever in place during lane changes. Does the CT do this?

5. The Lexus website says that the Pre-Collision system will "in some cases, even apply the brakes to help reduce impact speed.". The pdf manual further clarifies that PCS braking occurs when a collision is "eminent", but PCS braking can be turned off. Has anyone encountered unwanted PCS braking, like when approaching guardrails on sharp curves?
US spec Premium no-Nav CT200h:
1. Use Keyfob unlock button (press twice quickly to unlock all doors) or use power-unlock on driver door - that would be the only way to do it on my car.

2. No rain-sensing wipers. Headlights turn on when set to "auto" at a certain level of darkness/dusk-level. DLR (LEDs) are always on (when car is on) unless you specifically set them DLR-off.

3. Never encountered this - i have braked hard only once on the highway and i was on the inside so don't know what flashed on the outside ;)

4. No 3-blink lane change (had this on my old Audi A4 so i know what u mean). personally not a big deal for me.

5. don't have PCS so i can't comment.

·
Registered
132 Posts
1. you can set the keyless entry to unlock all doors.
2. no
3. Do not think so
4. the stalk for lane changing is like normal cars, no 3 second blinker, and you do not have to hold the lever in place, you might have to push it back to normal position
5. pre collision system is a waste of money

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Yes. I believe there is a separate option to unlock all doors via key fob AND have the car only unlock one door (driver's) when you just use the touch sensors on the car door.

The rain-sensing wipers (which i have) function independently from the headlamps. However, the headlamp washers on the LED package WILL turn on automatically if your a) headlamps are on, and b) you activate the windshield washer fluid squirter.

I wasn't aware of any sort of German options such as the brake light flashing or the 3 second blinker. The turn stalk IS manual in the sense there are definite clicking positions vs BMW's electronic turn stalk.

I think the PCS system is fairly non obtrusive in terms of braking. That's why the car cannot brake for you if it senses a collision, it can just prepare for you to do the hard braking. However, what does get intrusive and annoying is the seatbelt retractors, they do kick in sometimes and may startle you in a car with PCS.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Actually the precollison system ...

PCS is not useless and is completley unobtrusive unless you are very close to actually crashing

from the manual: (page 256)

Pre-collision braking When there is a high possibility of a frontal collision, the system warns the driver using a warning light, warning display and buzzer. If the system determines that a collision is unavoidable, the brakes are automatically applied to reduce the collision speed. Pre-collision braking can be dis-abled using the pre-collision braking off switch.

·
Registered
58 Posts
Yeah rain sensor wipers come with the leather package.

You can also change your Lexus personalized settings so that when you reach in the drivers handle it unlocks all the doors instead of just the drivers one. If you put your hand in the passenger door however, it will unlock all the doors by default.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks everyone--great answers all. One more question: are there unlock sensors on the rear door handles or just the front door handles? For example, if you have the key card in your wallet and walk up to the locked car, can you open a rear door or just the front doors and hatch?

·
Registered
58 Posts
When you reach under the hatch theres a button you push that will unlock it if the fob is in your pocket. You can also lock the door by this method.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Both front doors and back door

Thanks everyone--great answers all. One more question: are there unlock sensors on the rear door handles or just the front door handles? For example, if you have the key card in your wallet and walk up to the locked car, can you open a rear door or just the front doors and hatch?
Both front doors and back door have sensors, The two rear passenger doors do not.

·
Registered
180 Posts

1. Not from the driver's side. Pulling the driver's door handle only unlocks the driver's door. However, pulling the passenger side handle unlocks all the doors.

2. The rain sensing wiper are completely independent from the lights. You can adjust the sensitivity of the automatic lights to ensure that they are on when it is raining. :) It would be nice to be able to adjust the automatic wipers ... I find that a lot of rain has to accumulate before they come on. Once on however, they adjust speed well.

3. haven't noticed this. I try not to brake hard ... it effects the gas mileage :)

4. this is a good idea, but I don't think the blinkers blink more that once when you flick the stock. :rolleyes:

5. PCS is not available in Canada :p

·
Premium Member
957 Posts
Just the sound.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Thanks for your replies everyone.

midcow3- I've learned a lot from your posts on this forum, very thorough and informative. Thanks for taking the time to snapshot the relevant pages of the manual.

·
Premium Member
875 Posts
Thanks for your replies everyone.

midcow3- I've learned a lot from your posts on this forum, very thorough and informative. Thanks for taking the time to snapshot the relevant pages of the manual.
MomsLexusCT - My Pleasure ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts